https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 260063 times)

Offline Late

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #480 on: December 10, 2014, 09:21:17 AM »
Wanna have a wager on it, Detective Harv?
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #481 on: December 10, 2014, 02:00:12 PM »
Nope, but plenty of people would have been surprised by his appearance in the final 7 suspects. It's the weirdo CSI bloke.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #482 on: December 10, 2014, 02:27:35 PM »
In that case I definitely want to make a bet of it... :p
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #483 on: December 10, 2014, 05:27:23 PM »
Aw  :( ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #484 on: December 10, 2014, 05:49:34 PM »
Or maybe I'm just jealous you worked it out and I didn't, so my comment was to troll you...

I'm giving no hints. I wouldn't spoil it for you :p

But as I was watching it I got the distinct impression, as is often the case, that the program is geared toward making you think it's any one of several people, and the writers didn't know who Red John was until it was time to reveal it. They could've picked pretty much any one of the people on Jane's list - and I wouldn't be surprised to hear early drafts had each of them as the killer before they settled on the one they did.
In such scenarios there's no point trying to guess who the killer is - as it's effectively pot luck and any suspect is as valid as the others. Tis human nature that we try to work it out, though, of course.

Offline harv

« Reply #485 on: December 10, 2014, 06:24:43 PM »
I just thought that bloke was a dodgy fucker the first time I saw him during the first series lol. It would make more sense to have it as him because he appears once or twice every series, and has the front of appearing to be a bit of a Muppet, but not appearing so often that the average person is going to be surprised by him being Red John.

Offline harv

« Reply #486 on: December 11, 2014, 12:19:05 AM »
Aw bollocks, looks like I was wrong lol :-[ ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #487 on: December 12, 2014, 02:39:54 PM »
Not too impressed with series 6 so far. Would have been better off with him killing Red John and getting locked up imo. The programme has taken a major step downwards since he started working for the FBI. :(

Offline harv

« Reply #488 on: December 13, 2014, 04:43:45 PM »

Wasn't too sure whether to post my latest t-shirt I've ordered from Tee-Fury in this section or the Music section lol. I bought the Pink Floyd t-shirt that this is based on in Canterbury in 1988 8) ;D

Very clever design! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #489 on: January 22, 2015, 09:51:26 PM »
Am now watching The Gentle Touch with Jill Gascoigne she was a right Hornbat in the 80s, probably looks like a wrinkly old prune nowadays though lol ;D ;D ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #490 on: February 08, 2015, 05:23:56 PM »
Look out for Backstrom. Very amusing so far.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #491 on: March 27, 2015, 07:35:14 PM »
Fucking hell, have just seen an advert for Daredevil, coming to Netflix. Fanfuckingtastic!!!!

One of my favourite superheroes!!! 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #492 on: March 29, 2015, 02:01:32 AM »
Thought I'd watch Prison Break for the second time. Can't believe it's been 10 years since it first started :o

He's just lost his toes again, love it! ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #493 on: April 03, 2015, 07:37:23 PM »
Have just started watching the third series of Suspects, a cop show on Channel 5 and it's excellent. It solves the biggest problem I have with cop shows - you hardly ever have the Old Bill swearing. In Suspects there's effing and blinding all over the place. Much more realistic. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #494 on: April 16, 2015, 01:49:56 PM »
Have been watching 2 Netflix Original series, Daredevil and Better Call Saul. Both are excellent. Daredevil seems close to the comic books as far as I remember and the fight scenes are fantastic, some great stunt work that's aided by a little CGI here and there by the looks of it.

Better Call Saul is excellent, it's basically how Jimmy McGill became Saul Goodman. It also has the guy from Breaking Bad that's the hired muscle that did the drug and cash runs in Breaking Bad, forgotten his name now. Guy with gray hair and a beard. Turns out that before he worked for the druglord at Pollo Chicken he used to work in the payment desk in the court's car park. ;D