https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 260071 times)

Offline Dragontao

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #495 on: April 21, 2015, 01:25:57 AM »
Daredevil has drawn heavily on the comic books and is pretty faithful to some of the writers visions of the character. Quite dark. I have every issue of Daredevil up until around 2003 when I stopped collecting comic books.

If Netflix do as good a job with the other shows, AKA Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist, plus the show with all four of them in (including Daredevil) the Defenders, I'll be happy. Although I would have loved to have seen the original Defenders (Doc Strange, Silver Surfer, Hulk and Sub-Mariner) and the Avengers/Defenders war. Though there's still a possibility.

Ant Man movie later this year, trailers actually look quite good.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #496 on: April 22, 2015, 08:38:26 PM »
All of the Netflix Original shows have been the dog's bollocks so far. Orange Is The New Black has also been great, the third series of that is coming up soon.

They're certainly not afraid of throwing money at these things, they always have big name actors and actresses in them plus big budgets for special effects. I'm still hoping that they're going to bring Almost Human back from the dead as well as some other SyFy series that got the chop.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #497 on: April 28, 2015, 05:25:21 PM »
Get Showbox on Android. I do have Netflix but Showbox (apart from being free) has the stuff that Netflix doesn't have as well.

If you have a tablet and can plug it into your TV through HDMI, well worth doing.

Also XBMC. Some of the addons are great for footy, streaming matches in full HD with no stuttering. Watched the Arse vs Chelsea game in 1080p on Sunday.

I installed it on my PC but you can also get it for Android and other devices as well.

http://kodi.tv/

http://kodi.tv/download/

The vdubt25 addon us what I used for the footy.

Instructions:

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-vdubt25-add-on-kodi-xbmc/

Enjoy.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Late

« Reply #498 on: April 29, 2015, 09:32:07 AM »
I got an android media player a couple of months back. Results have been mixed.
I have got Showbox installed on it, but haven't used it much (have used it on my tablet, a fair few times over the last couple of years though). Instead I'm mainly using Kodi (xbmc).
When binge-watching tv series it's spot on about 80-90% of the time. The rest of the time I'm frustrated with buffering and "stream not found". Beats the old days of downloading stuff on the computer, bunging it on a portable hard drive, plugging that into the old media player under the telly. Those shows were almost always spot on in terms of quality etc. but I'm happy to put up with the occasional bad stream if it means I just surf to it on the tv with my programmable tv remote ;)

It's rarely any good for me when watching live streaming, though. I've tried to watch about 6 footy matches in the last month or two, and have only actually watched one of them. It was very poor picture but better than nothing. The other times I'd get about 5 seconds before the stream would die.
Lately I don't even bother trying - I tend to just go watch it on the pc instead.
Not sure where I'm going wrong, tbh, but I'll have a look at that vdubt25 add-on - thanks Drags.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #499 on: April 29, 2015, 09:59:28 AM »
Nice one drags, I've got a tablet with HDMI output.. so wouldn't mind giving that a go for the footy.. most of the streams I use on the pc are shite... will check it out tonight for t'game  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #500 on: April 29, 2015, 05:20:44 PM »
I very rarely have problems with streams these days for the footy. And I have an HDMI port on my GPU too so I just plug my PC straight into my telly, great to see matches on my 50" ISIS telly...needless to say Tesco changed the name of their cheapo tellies a bit sharpish lololol :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #501 on: April 30, 2015, 10:52:53 PM »
Late, after installing it on Sunday, I watched the Arsenal Chelsea game with no problems whatsoever. The NBCSN coverage. It was easy to find that game, well advertised.

Watched the Leicester Chelsea game last night with hardly any issues either, apart from having to do a bit of searching to find it but just found NBCSN again and voila. The 1080 stream froze, but just switched to the 720 stream, no buffering, great picture.

Very satisfied with it so far.

Happily I'll be at the Bridge on Sunday for what will hopefully be a party.

Offline Late

« Reply #502 on: May 01, 2015, 09:53:26 AM »
Cheers mate. Will probably install the add-on tomorrow. (Will be busy tonight - my new graphics card should be delivered today, so I'll get that installed, and do a bit more maintenance (I want to work out which fan is making noise, and if it's the case one I'll switch it out) before having a play with it).

On a few occasions I've spent well over half an hour going through various streams trying to find a workable one. Sometimes too much choice is a bad thing. I should probably tidy up my menus - put a few favourites on the main screen and pretty much ignore the others - but I first need to work out which are good enough to be called favourites. Was much easier with tv and film streams.

Should be a bit easier for me to find a decent stream than it is for you. My telly's only 720 so I only need a stream with half the bitrate you do with your 1080, and yet I struggle - so hopefully I just need to follow your advice re add-on and stream.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #503 on: May 01, 2015, 11:58:21 AM »
Join the forums on footballstreaming.info, then bookmark this page. I've found the streams on VIP Box on there to be the best so on the rare occasion that the site is down I just check the VIP Box site.

Offline harv

« Reply #504 on: May 02, 2015, 03:49:49 PM »
Forgot how good the end of series 2 of Prison Break was lol ;D

The programme is completely ridiculous but a great deal of fun ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #505 on: May 11, 2015, 10:40:04 AM »

Offline Late

« Reply #506 on: May 11, 2015, 11:41:40 AM »
Good result :D
It went downhill after series 6 imo (and "Back to Earth" was appalling) but I'm always up for more Red Dwarf.

Offline harv

« Reply #507 on: May 17, 2015, 08:57:16 PM »
Forgotten how fantastic The Water Margin and Monkey are. Also forgot how much more violent the former was than the latter lol :o ;D

The Water Margin had blood and limbs and heads flying plus 'kill shots', whereas Monkey and his chums hardly ever killed anyone, especially since he got that thing on his head.

Keep on meaning to read the original books as well as the other two great works of China.

Definitely worth downloading and checking out if you're not old enough to have watched them on BBC 2 in the 70s or the repeats in the 80s (I think...pretty sure I watched them both twice on BBC 2).

There was a LOAD of fuss about the violence, particularly on Points Of View, and I remember that Mary Whitehouse was up in arms about it too lol ;D ;D ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #508 on: May 17, 2015, 11:36:40 PM »
Loved the Water Margin and Monkey, but then I'm a martial arts nut anyway.

Offline harv

« Reply #509 on: May 22, 2015, 12:19:07 AM »
Can't believe that I've fallen so far behind with Supernatural. Am on series 8 at the moment and Charlie is awesome, just my kind of girl...I think I'm going to become a lesbian lol ;D :-* ;D :-*