https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 260082 times)

Offline Dragontao

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #525 on: October 12, 2015, 11:39:57 PM »
I still enjoyed 24. Love that show. They had hoped for a follow up series if the ratings did well. Tony Almeida would have been back again. Good little minisode on the dvd featuring him and an escape from jail, so suspect he'd have been in the next one.

Kiefer Sutherland has put the kibosh on it though as he;s said no more. Which really farks me off as they've left him to rot in a Russian prison.

Mind you they are bringing back Prison Break for a 5th series. Which will be interesting as Michael snuffed it at the end of the tv film they made to wrap up the previous 4 series, not to mention the fact he was going to peg it from an incurable illness anyway.

Now right up there with my "Skynet becomes the Matrix" plans, I'd have Scofield and Burrows breaking Bauer out of that Russian prison in a Prison Break meets 24 event.

But I really think this time round they'll find Scofield has been secretly in prison somewhere and not dead and Linc will have to rescue him.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #526 on: October 13, 2015, 01:01:04 AM »
Am rewatching series 5 now, thanks for reminding me of the spoilers lol ;D :o ;D

Have also started watching The Good Wife on Netflix, just the first series so far but it's excellent. This woman's husband was high up in the legal system (not the DA, have forgotten now) and got done for getting sexual favours from high class hoo-ers (I've also just finished rewatching series 2 of Auf Weidersehen (Sp?) Pet lol) and deciding not to prosecute certain cases in exchange. He gets sent to prison and she has to return to work as a lawyer to support her two kids.

She's a bit of a Hornbat herself but there's also an Indian girl working there that they employ to ferret information out about their cases and she's fucking gorgeous :o 8)

I've always liked law series, probably my second favourite after cop shows. Her firm does a mixture of criminal and civil cases and it's excellent.

Another excellent US law show is Damages starring Glenn Close, but I think the series went on for too long. It might still be going as it happens, I think I remember reading about a 6th series, they should have stopped at series 4 if I remember correctly.

Have also been rewatching Rumpole, a fantastic programme back in the day.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #527 on: October 18, 2015, 10:26:29 PM »
Have just started watching iZombie and it's great. It's basically Tru Calling but with zombies (but no Eliza Dushku unfortunately :'( ).

The protagonist was a doctor, got invited to a boat party and got in the middle of a zombie outbreak. She got scratched, went overboard and woke up in a body bag lol. The rest of the zombies got killed when the boat caught fire and now she's working in the morgue so she can eat the brains :o ;D

When she eats the brains she has visions of murder victims and solves crimes. It's great fun ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #528 on: October 21, 2015, 07:43:38 PM »
Aye, it was okay iZombie. A bit girly, but watchable.

Started watching "Fear The Walking Dead" a couple of nights ago. Very much enjoying that. Nice to have a whole new perspective on the Walking Dead universe - and long overdue.

Despite having loads of new shows I really need to check out, I'm feeling the urge to rewatch Dexter, lately. Have already seen the first few series at least four times each, and of course I've seen all episodes at least once, but when you feel that urge you gotta go with it...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #529 on: October 21, 2015, 09:52:09 PM »
Tru Calling was better, had the protagonist (Eliza Dushku Hubba Hubba Hubba) working in the morgue and when she came across murder victims she went back in time to try and prevent them getting killed. It was awesome. 8)

Offline Late

« Reply #530 on: October 22, 2015, 02:26:38 AM »
Tru Calling was okay, as was Dollhouse, but Eliza Dushku will always be Faith from Buffy The Vampire Slayer to me.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #531 on: October 22, 2015, 01:32:02 PM »
Yup, she's much hotter as a baddie lol ;D ;D ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #532 on: October 24, 2015, 01:53:01 AM »
Eliza Dushku always reminds me a bit of Cheryl Cole for some reason, but with more personality and a sense of humour.

I think Rose McIver is pretty damn hot in a cute kind of way. Seen her in a few things before iZombie.

Good call on Dexter, I love that show.

Started watching the new series of Supernatural. Still good.

Heroes Reborn has been interesting. Like it's never been off air really, but with new characters, not too many old ones. Let's hope the build on it and don't fuck it up this time.

Agents of Shield, enjoying that too.

Fear the Walking Dead: Very good.

New series of the Walking Dead has started very well, episode 2 was damn good.

Bastard Executioner: Okay, not one of my first on the list to watch shows though.

Castle: The show's okay. Molly Quinn is hot.

Arrow, the Flash and Gotham, all solid starts to their new series.

Blindspot: Not sure, watchable but not a must watch.

Quantico: Watched the first episode. Wasn't bad.

Not yet watched any of the new series of Homeland, Fargo, the Blacklist or From Dusk tol Dan yet. Will probably end up binge watching while I'm on leave over Christmas..
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Late

« Reply #533 on: October 28, 2015, 10:58:42 PM »
I went ahead and started Dexter last Thursday, whilst home alone and feeling sorry for myself (full o' cold).
Am now a quarter of the way through season five ;)

Thoroughly enjoyed Fear The Walking Dead.

Haven't tried Heroes Reborn yet. It's on the list, but I'm torn on whether to rewatch Heroes first. I loved the first two series, so would enjoy watching those again, but the third and fourth were weak.

Will try Blindspot, The Man In The High Castle, and Quantico when there's been a few more episodes.
Also waiting until there's more episodes before I start on the new series of American Horror Story, Blacklist, and The Walking Dead.

Offline harv

« Reply #534 on: November 12, 2015, 06:59:48 PM »
Saw the pilot episode of Blindspot yesterday and it was great. Definitely going to watch it once all of the episodes are out there. I've started watching stuff using Stremio, it's basically a version of Popcorn Time but instead of exclusively using YIFY/YTS sources (which are now defunct after he did an out of court deal with the MPAA) it uses public trackers to stream films and telly series episodes.

Am just watching the final episode of the first series of The Fall, starring Gillian Anderson who is still just as shaggable as she was 20 years or so ago when she was in The X-Files. She's an English policewoman trying to catch a serial killer in Belfast. There's 2 series so far and a third series has been green lit. You should definitely check it out.

Also started watching Mr Robot which is about a hacker. Also excellent. ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #535 on: December 04, 2015, 12:23:04 AM »
Ash vs the Evil Dead. "Groovy".

If you liked Army of Darkness, you'll love it.

Jessica Jones - excellent.

Man in the High Castle - have the rest of the series to watch. Saw the pilot (first) episode a lot earlier in the year. It was pretty good, so looking forward to that.

Offline harv

« Reply #536 on: December 04, 2015, 03:16:05 AM »
I'm pretty sure they did a film version in the 70s or 80s too, I can definitely remember something set in an alternet world set in the US where Hitler won WWII. And a British TV series too, but not connected to the same author. I rewatched the series around 6 months ago. Can't remember what it was called now...might be called Englishman's Castle.

Offline harv

« Reply #537 on: December 04, 2015, 10:10:12 PM »
*alternate

Have been rewatching Homeland from the beginning because I'd forgotten how far I got when I was watching it before. I REALLY wish some of these writers would do some bloomin research. Carrie is in Beirut (no, not Tottenham, the real one lol) and searching through a flat.

ANYONE in the authorities or half decent house-breakers will ALWAYS search drawers from bottom to top, not top to bottom. If you start in the top drawer and work your way down you need to close the drawer again to search the next one down. If you search from the bottom and work your way up you can leave the drawer open. It's twice as fast to do it that way.

You see this elementary mistake made in telly programmes all the time.

It really isn't rocket surgery ffs >:(

Offline jman

« Reply #538 on: January 13, 2016, 12:15:33 PM »
Just heard Robot Wars is getting rebooted on BBC 2 this year... amazing.. I loved that show!  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #539 on: January 13, 2016, 04:50:57 PM »
Awesome, Robot Wars was fantastic! ;D

I also loved Scraphead Challenge back in the day, very much inspired by The Great Egg Race with Professor Heinz Wolf. Loved that show too.