https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 260083 times)

Offline Late

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #540 on: January 18, 2016, 01:18:02 AM »
Great news about Robot Wars. Loved it back in the day, and coincidentally was watching some old clips a week or two back - mainly Razer and Chaos 2. Both great machines.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #541 on: January 18, 2016, 08:13:06 AM »
Yeah I was never a Chaos 2 fan.. I always got weirded out by the (guy who could be a woman) inventor

Razer was technically amazing.. but the slow crush of the weapon sometimes made fights a bit boring.

Hypnodisc on the hand.. despite not winning anything - usually provided lots of carnage - definitely my favourite!

Offline harv

« Reply #542 on: January 18, 2016, 01:20:17 PM »
The guy probably is a woman now lol :o ;D

Remember that weird kid that used to be on The Antiques Roadshow donkey's years ago..? Turns out he had a sex change when he was an adult. ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #543 on: January 18, 2016, 04:47:52 PM »
Have just started watching River, a Netflix Original series, and it's excellent so far.

A cop in London (a Swedish cop, fuck knows how that worked out lol) saw his partner getting shot in the head. Ever since then he's been losing his marbles and seeing and speaking to dead people. Normally these sort of programmes involve some sort of psychic shenanigans going on, good to see one involving lunacy for once lol :o ;D

It's a British programme that isn't on the UK Netflix for some reason so you'll need to change your DNS to a US one to see it.

I've been REALLY impressed with the Netflix Original stuff so far.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #544 on: January 28, 2016, 08:45:43 PM »
Looks like Amazon have made a US version of Mad Dogs, which doesn't make the title of the show making a good deal of sense lol :-\ ;D

Have just started watching a series called Secrets And Lies, about a guy that went out jogging and found the dead body of the little boy that lived across the road from his family. Pretty good so far, only on episode 2 and the second series is starting on 1st March.

Have also started re-watching The Wire, an excellent US show.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #545 on: January 30, 2016, 10:11:43 PM »
Jack Bauer was left languishing in a Russian jail. Sutherland doesn't want to come back and is now committed to another show.

What do they do? 24: Legacy, that's what.

None of the original characters, a new lead. All new cast. A story (from what I've read) that's more Homeland than 24.

Well I'm afraid they can bugger off, as I won't be watching it. Should have left it alone.

On a positive note, season 2 of Daredevil looks like it'll be superb with the Punisher and it looks like they may well do a Punisher series too. Given the Netflix treatment it may well be the proper Punisher. Fingers crossed.

Watched the first four episodes of the Shannara Chronicles. Not bad actually considering it's made by MTV. Poppy Drayton in the lead female role is very cute.

Colony: Watched the first two episodes. Okay, but not sure it'll get past the first season, so far from what I've seen it's a story that's been done many times before. Resistance on Earth rebelling against and alien colonisation. Some slighty different elements as there always are, but essentially the same. Josh Holloway is in it (Sawyer from Lost). Which means its sure to get cancelled. I like the characters he plays, Intelligence was actually a very good show, but he seems a bit unlucky with everything he's been in since Lost.

Apparently Mr Robot is very good according to everyone I know who has seen it. So will have to watch that.

Watched the first two episodes of the new series of the X-Files. I'm an X-Files fan so I like it. Nothing original about it though. It's only a six part series. Not sure they'll do another, will have to see where this leads.

Going to try and watch the first two episodes of DC's Legends of Tomorrow at some point in the next couple of days.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #546 on: January 30, 2016, 11:12:27 PM »
The Punisher is one of my favourite comic book characters, along with Rorschach from The Watchmen. Both are complete fucking head cases lol. There's not enough nutjob super heroes for my money. Michael Keaton's Batman is also a bit of a lunatic too.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #547 on: January 31, 2016, 01:47:53 PM »
What about Deadpool Harv (I can't wait for that movie).
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Late

« Reply #548 on: January 31, 2016, 03:53:47 PM »
Wasn't terribly impressed with Mr Robot, personally.
It seems to me the strength of it rests entirely in a twist that gets revealed toward the end of the series yet it was patently obvious from the first episode. Without that twist it was quite silly and pedestrian.

Not sure how it's gotten a second series, either. Seems to me that it's one of those programs that inherently can't work past one series without morphing into a completely different program (like Prison Break).

Really looking forward to Deadpool, and also Suicide Squad (though Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn is the main draw, there. I'll watch and enjoy and buy and rewatch that spectacle whether the film's good or not.)

Edit autocucumber
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 03:56:26 PM by Late »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #549 on: February 16, 2016, 10:45:03 PM »
Haven't read any Deadpool comics so can't say. I've downloaded the film so will check it out later.

Have started re-watching Elementary from the beginning because I can't remember how far I got into it when I started watching it the first time. Think I got to the end of the second series. Worth watching just to see Juicy Lucy Liu! Hubba! Hubba! Hubba! :-*

Offline Late

« Reply #550 on: February 17, 2016, 12:14:15 AM »
Saw Deadpool at the flicks tonight, and loved it.
Weak on story but chock full of ott violence and one-liners.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #551 on: February 21, 2016, 02:15:58 AM »
Yeah, I saw it the day after it came out. Thought it was excellent. Ryan Reynolds is perfect for the role.

Story was fairly weak but it was setting up the character and what he's all about. It was never going to be high brow.

Funny from the opening credits sequence, the one liners, piss-taking references and the after credits scene.

Action was good, ott violence is never a bad thing and Morena Baccarin is easy on the eye. Only thing I didn't really like was Colossus, who they portrayed as a bit of a lummox, which he isn't in the comic books.

Offline harv

« Reply #552 on: February 26, 2016, 01:47:18 PM »
This guy should have his own TV show, but considering that the KGB and US government are watching his every move I doubt that he'll be allowed to have one :o :o :o :(

Have just watched the first 13 minutes and it's pure comedy gold lmfao ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Sun isn't hot and there's a vortex between the Sun and the Earth, this man really knows what he's talking about. I'm pretty sure we're going to get invaded soon :'(

If you have an hour going spare gather your family and watch this, best that you all be prepared :o ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #553 on: February 26, 2016, 02:53:11 PM »
Fuck me ragged with a wire brush, just finished watching it. How any of those people watching that could do so without weeing themselves laughing is beyond me lol ;D :D ;D

He had everything in there - Illuminati, the Fourth Reich, a staged alien invasion, the real alien invasion, every different type of alien you can think of, Atlantis, the Nazis having a base on the moon and on the South Pole, the Cuban Missile Crisis being caused by the Yanks getting a submarine to project a Virgin Mary hologram over Cuba, the Ice Age and that we've already colonised the Moon and Mars.

Brilliant ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #554 on: March 31, 2016, 11:23:47 PM »
Am continuing my re-watch of The Wire, am on the third series now. Forgot how awesome Omar was lol >:(

If you guys haven't seen The Wire I highly recommend it, it's brilliant. 8)