https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 167621 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #615 on: February 02, 2018, 03:47:17 PM »
Have just started watching the 4th series of Black Mirror on Netflix, I've always loved anthology series and sci-fi so the likes of this and The Twiglett Zone and The Outer Limits are pretty much made for me. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #616 on: February 03, 2018, 09:36:51 PM »
Series four was definitely my favourite series of Black Mirror - with three fantastic episodes.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #617 on: February 04, 2018, 12:00:07 AM »
Series four was definitely my favourite series of Black Mirror - with three fantastic episodes.

Black Museum was my favourite episode, it was an anthology inside an anthology episode lol :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #618 on: February 24, 2018, 09:14:39 PM »
I've just started watching Chance with Hugh Laurie. Pretty good so far but I think it's going to be predictable. Hulu cancelled it after 2 series which is disappointing :(

Offline harv

« Reply #619 on: March 05, 2018, 02:03:38 PM »
Am now watching the first series of Luke Cage. I tried watching it a while back but I couldn't get into it for some reason but am really enjoying it now. There's even a Different Strokes reference in episode 11 lol ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #620 on: March 06, 2018, 10:24:25 PM »
Am now watching Iron Fist. It's another one that I struggled to get into. I don't think the first episodes of Luke Cage and Iron Fist were that good tbh but I'm glad that I kept watching them both now. Am on episode 7/13 so far.

In terms of awesomeness with the Netflix Marvel shows from good to bad I have them in the following order:

Daredevil
The Punisher
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist

Haven't watched Defenders yet but it's next on my list to watch. And there's a new series of Jessica Jones coming in a couple of days too!

I'd love Netflix to do Spider-Man and The Incredible Hulk next but the licencing is probably way too expensive I reckon.

The Netflix Original shows are MUCH better than the Amazon Original shows imo.

Offline harv

« Reply #621 on: March 17, 2018, 06:48:50 PM »
Have just started watching the first series of Father Brown on Netflix. Quite good fun, I'm enjoying it so far. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #622 on: March 18, 2018, 03:35:41 AM »
I'm also watching Bates Motel. Took me a few episodes to get into it but I'm really enjoying it now. Who'd have thought that Norman Bates would be such a fanny magnet :o

Offline harv

« Reply #623 on: April 17, 2018, 06:33:10 PM »
Am now watching Lost Girl, I started watching it years ago but only got around to watching the first series so I've started watching it from the start again. I've always thought her little mate was more attractive tbh, but I wouldn't kick Bo out of bed either even if it meant the death of me lol ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #624 on: May 05, 2018, 02:35:46 AM »
Have started to watch The Exorcist on Amazon after I've seen that they've done a second series. And Exorcist: Legion VR has got new content so I'll be giving that a go soon too 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #625 on: May 13, 2018, 01:38:50 AM »
I've discovered a fucking hilarious programme called Rescue Mediums on Netflix. It's even funnier than that programme with that dodgy Scouse medium on it years ago lololol

Offline stupac

« Reply #626 on: May 13, 2018, 01:19:33 PM »
The Exorcist was one of the many shows that just got cancelled in the last few days.  :(

Sucks as that was one of the few shows I actually watched. ::) Hopefully it will get picked up by Syfy since that's where it airs in the UK.
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline harv

« Reply #627 on: May 13, 2018, 06:55:31 PM »
Aw bollocks. Inconsiderate bastards.

I've also started watching Justified with Timothy Elephant in it. It's about a US Marshall that got transferred to the arse end of nowhere after he shot a baddy with Mafia connections in Miami. He basically gave the bloke 24 hours to leave Miami otherwise he'd shoot him...and he didn't leave on time lol

It's quite good so far, I've just finished watching the first series. I've also been watching Longmire, with the lovely lovely lovely Katee Sackhoff in it as one of Sherrif Longmire's deputies.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #628 on: May 16, 2018, 10:04:46 PM »
They've gone axe happy again this year. Lucifer one of the shows that's gone too.

On another note, Happy on Netflix. What a show. It's mental, violent, hilarious and  and absolutely brilliant.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #629 on: May 29, 2018, 05:03:44 PM »
I'm now watching a series from 1972 called Pathfinders. It's a WWII drama based on two Pathfinder squadrons. Pathfinders were bombers (usually Lancasters) that used to drop flares to mark bombing targets for other bombers. It's pretty good so far, am on episode 9 of 13. They're now using a more powerful radar so there's no need for flare runs.

One of the many excellent series from the 60s and 70s that are tragically gathering dust in a cellar somewhere rather than getting a deserved DVD release. I'm just glad that I'm a member of a members-only British TV torrent site, there's LOADS of stuff like this on there. 8)

Contains real colour footage of WWII here and there too.