https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 170553 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #630 on: June 01, 2018, 06:40:06 PM »
Am just watching the last episode of Guilt on US Netflix. It's not too bad but is pretty ridiculous in places. It's set in the UK but bizarrely it has US based stuff bunged in here and there like Gen-Pop in a British prison and US prison style glass in between prisoners and visitors with phone contact.

Still, it's worth watching I guess as long as you don't take it too seriously. It's also inspired by the telly programme from the 80s called Dead Head I think given the Royal Family involvement.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #631 on: June 01, 2018, 07:25:51 PM »
Fucking hell. I've just started to watch Monkey on Netflix. Don't think I'm going to watch any more than these first 30 minutes. It isn't terrible but it's ruined so far by having some of the characters talking in Ozzy accents. ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #632 on: June 18, 2018, 09:32:08 PM »
A new series of Luther is on its way!!!!! ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #633 on: June 23, 2018, 12:04:24 AM »
Have almost finished watching the second series of iZombie. I watched the first series ages ago but never got around to watching the rest. It's awesome. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #634 on: June 25, 2018, 11:23:19 PM »
Am now watching the second series of Marcella on Netflix. The first series was pretty good but went downhill a little during the second half of it.

Am on episode 4 at the moment and am quite enjoying it. Gives me a chance to perve over Anna Friel anyway lol ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #635 on: July 01, 2018, 06:58:58 PM »
Much better than the first series, hopefully ITV and Netflix will commission a third.

My internet is down at the mo so I've got football and can't watch Netflix so I'm watching a series that was on a few years ago called Him. It's about a kid who has telekinesis powers. Quite good so far, am on the last episode of three.

Offline harv

« Reply #636 on: July 16, 2018, 11:50:49 PM »
Am now watching the end of the third series of iZombie.

Not sure if the actress either has a twin sister that ISN'T a zombie or if the make-up guys are REALLY talented but in the episodes where she's wearing a wig and a spray tan you can ALMOST believe that she ISN'T a real zombie. Amazing. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #637 on: July 29, 2018, 08:24:34 PM »
I downloaded the pilot episodes and two resulting series of a programme called Rose And Malone. It's about two people that work for the organisation (who's name I've now forgotten) that looks into convictions that have been wonky in the past and have resulted in innocent people going to prison.

It's got Sarah Lancashire and Phil Davis in it, very enjoyable so far. The only problem I have with it is that Sarah Lancashire plays a diabetic and she had a hypo in the first or second episode and she didn't sweat anywhere near enough or have the shakes.

Definitely worth checking it out, great entertainment from the early to mid 00s.

Offline harv

« Reply #638 on: August 01, 2018, 01:45:09 PM »
Am now having a blast from the past and watching series 4 of The Gentle Touch. Such a great programme back in the day. Jill Gascoigne now has bad Alzheimer's unfortunately  :(

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #639 on: August 17, 2018, 12:22:08 PM »
Fed up with all the cancellations of shows leaving fans hanging. Colony being the latest - axed after season 3. It's happened to far too many good shows in recent years.

It's like someone writing a book and then not letting you read the last couple of chapters. They are shooting themselves in the foot. I've given up watching new shows that have an ongoing story. I'll wait and see if they survive and get syndicated. Of course if everyone does that, they'd never start making them to begin with.

So I've started watching Sons of Anarchy from the beginning again. Bloody great show.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #640 on: September 03, 2018, 02:25:19 PM »
Series 5 of The Gentle Touch now. Such a great series back in the day. I might have to download and watch C.A.T.S. Eyes next but it wasn't anywhere near as good.

Offline harv

« Reply #641 on: September 03, 2018, 09:08:21 PM »
Finished that series now and have now started to rewatch Monkey again. Such a fantastic programme, had us all playing Monkey at school back in the day lol ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #642 on: September 08, 2018, 11:44:30 AM »
THe remake of Monkey is an abomination.

Just finished watching the second series of Iron Fist. It was okay, nothing more. Martial arts still a bit bleh.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #643 on: September 08, 2018, 12:03:26 PM »
The martial arts in Daredevil is MUCH better. It's my favourite superhero series at the moment with Jessica Jones coming a close second followed by Arrow.

And yes, the new Monkey series is fucking abysmal. I didn't even get past 10 minutes of the first episode, I just couldn't  get past the Australian accents ffs :o ;D ;D ;D

I finished the first series of the old Monkey, am now going through Merlin. Absolutely NOTHING to do with the Arthurian legends, so many things wrong with it, but it's good fun so as long as you can get past the glaring inaccuracies it's quite enjoyable.

I'm also working my way through my Movies With A Twist collection that I downloaded from TPB years ago. Am partway through watching Law Abiding Citizen, I'm pretty sure I've seen it before but it was YEARS ago so I've completely forgotten about it.

Offline harv

« Reply #644 on: September 23, 2018, 07:37:43 PM »
Have just watched the first two episodes of Maniac on Netflix. Really enjoying it so far. Set in an alternate universe by the looks of it going by the 80s style PCs and the robot that cleans up dog poo lol ;D

It's about a schizophrenic and a drug addict signing up for a drug trial at a dodgy pharmaceutical company. Definitely worth checking out so far.