https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 151704 times)

Offline jman

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #645 on: October 01, 2018, 03:30:32 PM »
Making a Murderer Part 2 is coming to Netflix on 19th October, really enjoyed the first series - think we blasted through it in a couple of days lol.

Been watching a SHIT-TON of Forensic Files recently, its a bit trashy and completely over-dramatic - I'm surprised I like it so much, but I find the forensic stuff fascinating - and some of the episodes are brilliant to watch - the stories they tell could easily be films.  I'm currently half-way through series 6 - and there was an episode on the Ellis Greene murder recently which was a stand-out episode - a doctor and 2 other guys kill this dude, then forges medical records so he is identified as one of the other guys who has a $1m insurance policy paying out to the third guy.. that gets cashed and two of them go on the run.. the doctor stays in the country but gets found out pretty quickly, one of the other guys gets stopped trying to flee the country with $14k of undeclared cash (lol) and the third guy manages to leave the country but eventually gets caught!!!  There are a few shitty episodes.. and a lot of the "Medical Detective" stuff - where it focuses more on diseases and other stuff aren't as compelling as the murder cases - but there's 15 series of this!

Also finally finished watching Bodyguard - the first, second and last episodes were good.. the rest were OK - not bad, worth a watch.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 03:34:38 PM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #646 on: October 01, 2018, 09:40:47 PM »
I loved Making A Murderer, will definitely catch the second series.

Am currently watching an anthology series from 1978 called Scorpion Tales. Pretty good so far and I've never heard of it before. I love anthology series.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #647 on: October 06, 2018, 03:00:27 PM »
Am watching another one called The Mind Beyond. Another one I've never heard of before which is surprising because there's some big names in it so far. Donald Pleasance was in the first episode and the SS bloke from Secret Army is in the second one.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #648 on: November 19, 2018, 07:51:22 PM »
I watched the second series of Making A Murderer and can't believe that they're both still inside. That's just plain craziness :o

Am now watching Volume 5 of the 8 Volumes of Crown Court that were released. Such a shame that they didn't release more of these because they're fantastic. The best thing about being home off sick from school in the 70s and 80s. And just like watching anything from that time the difference in the value of money compared to today is just mental. There was an accountant getting a very good wage of £3500 per year and a Financial Director getting what was then a ridiculous wage of £8000 per year lol :o ;D

Both of those employees today would end up getting paid more than 10 times that these days lol

Offline harv

« Reply #649 on: December 11, 2018, 08:40:28 PM »
Am now working my way through Linda La Plante's Prime Suspect series on Netflix. I loved that programme back in the day, in fact all of her stuff is excellent. Shame that Trial & Retribution isn't on there too, I might have to download those when I've finished watching these.

Offline harv

« Reply #650 on: January 27, 2019, 07:03:20 PM »
The new series of The Punisher is on Netflix now, haven't seen it yet - I'm going to work my way through the first series again before I watch it. I watched Titans too, I've never been a fan of Robin tbh but this is a great series. 8)

There's also a documentary on Ted Bundy too on there, Conversations With A Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes. I love anything to do with serial killers, I keep on meaning to become one myself some time lol ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #651 on: February 05, 2019, 07:50:02 PM »
I've also been re-watching Rosemary & Thyme with Felicity Kendal and Pam Ferris. Felicity Kendal was a bit wrinkly around the edges but STILL shaggable in 2004 at 58 years old. :o

Offline harv

« Reply #652 on: February 23, 2019, 03:32:58 PM »
Am now watching Strangers with Don Henderson as DS Bullman, the same character appeared in The XYY Man about a cat burglar that ran for two series. Strangers ran for 5 series and then the same character appeared in the late 80s in a series called Bullman.

Strangers is great so far, Bullman has been transferred from London to Yorkshire. I love watching these old series, particularly when it comes to blag amounts and the price of drinks in pubs lol. It was made in 1978 and he just got a round of three Scotches for £1.70-odd lmfao  :o ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #653 on: May 29, 2019, 05:12:17 PM »
Netflix have now grabbed Lucifer! Series 4 is on there and they've given the go ahead for series 5!!! ;D