https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Top Supermarket Stuff Thread  (Read 70952 times)

Offline harv

The Top Supermarket Stuff Thread
« on: February 27, 2012, 06:51:26 PM »
Asda are still doing Coke on their 3 for £3 offer, can't see it lasting much longer though. I'm going to have to move to a bigger place soon, am running out of space to store the bloomin things lol. The count is 73 bottles at the moment!!! :o

Tescos are doing Easter Eggs 3 for £3 as a buy one get two three deal which is a right load of old bollocks as they went up from £1.20-odd each to £3 each which makes the deal appear better than it actually is. Supermarkets do this sort of bollocks all the time, must be against Trading Standards, surely..? :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

Re: The Top Supermarket Stuff Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 08:25:10 PM »
Bollocks, Asda have stopped their deal on Coke now >:(

Still, should have enough to keep me going lol :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Gado

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 03:38:25 PM »
Sainsburys is better....

Not because I work there or anything  ;)
Teams:

Freddie: Brays Grove CC
Lara: Phlamaz Select, Brays Grove CC
Pavilion: Brays Grove CC, Gado CC.

Offline harv

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 04:20:39 PM »
Not when it comes to deals mate, although their own brand stuff is generally better quality than the other supermarkets. Asda has always been the best for good deals.

Have got 72 bottles of Diet Cherry Coke now so should keep me going for 72 days, hopefully they'll do another deal like that before I run out again lololol :P

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 08:42:07 PM »
Bollocks, Asda have stopped their deal on Coke now >:(

Still, should have enough to keep me going lol :P

... but what will you do when it runs out  :P
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 09:03:42 PM »
Spend a small fortune lol :o

Offline jman

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 07:54:06 AM »
Iceland constantly have 3ltr bottles for £2 though, so per litre, the 3 for £3 deal has only saved you £24 by bulk buying 72 bottles, hardly seems worth it. Although I have to admit, I'm not sure they do the diet cherry coke in Iceland, but serves you right for  being a fussy git
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 08:01:10 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 10:54:12 AM »
Nope, no Diet Cherry Coke 3l bottles unfortunately :(

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 04:39:43 PM »
Was gutted yesterday. Got a text from a mate about Tesco selling the new iPad on their direct site for £49.99. Jumped on and ordered a couple about 20 minutes before it went up on HotUKDeals. That kind of exposure destroys any chance of these things getting honoured. Order got cancelled in the end. :'(

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 06:21:10 PM »
Tesco would never have honoured it once they discovered the error themselves, they have written get out clauses in their terms and conditions, which apparently allows them to ignore the sale of goods act.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline bealec

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 02:30:35 PM »
Was gutted yesterday. Got a text from a mate about Tesco selling the new iPad on their direct site for £49.99. Jumped on and ordered a couple about 20 minutes before it went up on HotUKDeals. That kind of exposure destroys any chance of these things getting honoured. Order got cancelled in the end. :'(

This was on Watchdog last night. Rumours abound that it was a PR stunt by Tesco to get people to notice they are stocking it.

Offline harv

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 02:41:52 AM »
Two things:

1) Asda are doing bottles of Coke for a quid each, no minimum amount to buy like 3 for 3 quid - just a quid each which is unusual. I can't believe they're doing this AGAIN so soon. They used to do these deals pretty regularly. I've still got 48 bottles left over from the last time lol :P

2) Iceland are doing those Chicago Town pizzas for a quid each again. So frustrating that the only proper deep pan pizza you can get in this country are mini versions. >:(

Go to Iceland and have a look at the things. The whole point of a deep pan pizza is that the pizza base is pressed into the pan that they're cooked in so that you can bung in a shedload of topping into the thing. None of the other deep pan pizzas you buy over here are cooked in pans, they're just given a thick base and bunged in a pizza oven. Bloody annoying >:( [/pizza rant]

Offline jman

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 09:04:12 AM »
Actually the deep dish pizzas your talking about are just a (Chicago) derivative of a normal deep-pan pizza... its not how a deep pan pizza is normally made... you go to Chicago though and you can eat all the deep dish pizzas you like..

However actually having been to Italy 3 times already I can tell you now that an authentic Italian style pizza (which is all thin crust) is the best in the world.. and I wont accept anything else  ;)

And coke has been £1 in Asda for a week with no minimum buy.. I just forgot to say - whoops!

Offline harv

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 04:10:51 PM »
Tescos are now doing 2 for £2, but only until the 9th. I've just cleared my local Asda of stock of Diet Cherry Coke lol :P

Might go to Tescos later if I can be arsed. ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 04:40:02 PM »
Went into tesco today, they werent doing any deals on coke in my local one... just £2.50 for 8 cans which is OK.. but not as good as the £1 per bottle