https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Top Supermarket Stuff Thread  (Read 81023 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Top Supermarket Stuff Thread
« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2013, 07:07:27 PM »
Aw bollocks, just checked through all of my shopping again just in case I missed any and there's 4 out of date, not 3. >:(

Tesco and Sainsbury should be doing 3 for £3 starting tomorrow or Wednesday. Can never remember whether their dates for offers are inclusive or not. Tesco 2 for £3.50 deal ends on 26th.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2013, 07:27:57 PM »
I'm not surprised tbh. I had a night shift job last christmas with sainsburys. I was on the drinks section every night I worked. It was mental. The shelves were wrecked every night. Can't say I ever topped up the diet cherry coke bottles to much in my time there though.
There was no rotation tbh. It was all about getting the drinks on the shelf quick for the morning opening. I don't think people realise until doing the job the physical nature of getting X amount of 2ltr bottles and cases of drink off the pallet , onto the floor and then onto the shelf. Try that with hundred+ different drinks.
Date codes were checked once a month by the code controller team (or at least they should be).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 07:35:24 PM by The Borg »
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline harv

« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2013, 11:31:19 PM »
Got an email back from Asda, didn't tell them about the 4th bottle, and they're refunding £5.94 to my card. You would have thought they would give me a £5 voucher on top or something or refunded the delivery charge. Looks like they've refunded 3 quid for the 3 bottles and added a random amount on top lol. If I had reported them to the Environmental Health Department they'd pick up what used to be a two grand fine for every out of date item on the shelves. Probably a lot more nowadays. :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2013, 08:02:36 PM »
Ah, those dates aren't inclusive, Tesco are doing 3 for 3 quid tomorrow until New Year's Eve. ;D

Got 71 bottles now lol :P

Offline harv

« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2014, 05:00:44 PM »
Oops!!! I looked like this about 20 minutes ago ---> :-[ :-[ :-[

Was in Asda doing a bit of shopping and went to the fast checkout thingy where you scan everything yourself. Scanned in everything but left a discounted loaf of bread until last and it wouldn't scan in. Tried typing in the code. Still no dice. Asked the bloke there for some help and he scanned it in first go and put it with the rest of my shopping...

...and somehow him doing that put my brain out of whack and I proceeded to pack up my shopping and went to leave without paying for it :o ;D :-[ :-[ :-[

Have never been so embarrassed in my life lol ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #140 on: February 07, 2014, 07:40:08 PM »
Awww noooooo!!!

I am weak. :'(

Tesco are doing Mini Cheddars, 2 x packs of 7 for 2 quid. Bought 2, original cheesey flavour and cheese and onion flavour...

And I've just eaten ALL of the cheese and onion ones :-[ ;D

Fucking things are waaaay too more-ish, should come with a National Health Warning lmfao ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2014, 09:36:06 PM »
Bought some cheese and onion pasties from Tesco earlier and they're bloomin lovely. 4 for £1.50 as far as I remember. Very tasty, they've got cheddar in them too which is an added bonus. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2014, 07:56:03 PM »
Bah!!! >:( >:( >:(

Asda have stopped selling Diet Cherry Coke >:(

Looks like I'll have to switch to buying them from the other supermarkets now. Got a delivery coming from Asda tomorrow, they removed the bottles from their web site but was strangely able to order 20 bottles on my phone browser. Went in there the other day and they had 8 bottles on the shelf, hopefully they're going to be able to get some more from Walthamstow to make the 20 bottles up, I've given them a few days notice lol.

Offline jman

« Reply #143 on: March 13, 2014, 08:23:27 PM »
I saw some polish guy getting admonished by Asda bosses earlier, he was scanning shit loads of potatoes through and putting them through as lemons, apparently it's a common thing and they always plead ignorance.  As I was leaving, I saw the old bill turn up.. What a lemon lol

Offline Late

« Reply #144 on: March 13, 2014, 10:13:00 PM »
Aren't lemons more expensive than potatoes?
They're about 30p each.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2014, 01:40:00 PM »
I don't know if the deal is still available but I got 24 cans of Coke Zero for £6 @ Tescos on Monday.

Offline Late

« Reply #146 on: March 14, 2014, 02:23:01 PM »
Might've been store specific, that one. I've been keeping my eye out and they didn't have any decent prices on in my local Tesco when I was in at the back end of last week nor the middle of this week. (Best they had was packs of 12 for £3.63).
Only place that seems to have had decent prices lately is Waitrose, about a month ago. Which is a bit of a bugger, as my nearest is over fifty miles away.  :-X
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #147 on: March 14, 2014, 03:15:46 PM »
Got some cheese and onion rolls from Asda the other day. Just like sausage rolls but with cheese and onion instead of sausage meat. 2 for £2.50, they're quite nice but not as nice as the cheese and onion pasties I got from Tesco that I mentioned before.

Offline jman

« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2014, 10:43:12 AM »
Not a deal/bargain per se.. but got some diet coke (going out of date in a month).. 4 bottles for £2.50 in local asda.. bought the last 5 cases of them  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2014, 04:22:18 PM »
Something weird is going on at Asda with 2l bottles of Coke and Diet Coke. Went into Asda yesterday and they had no 2l bottles on the shelves, although they were moving stuff about so I didn't think much of it at the time. But now I've looked at their web site and done a search and they only list the non-diet Cherry Coke and the Diet Citrus Zest. And that's it. No normal Coke, no normal Diet Coke and none of the Diet Cherry Cokes or Diet Vanilla Cokes. :-\

Wtf is going on..? Have Asda had some sort of row with the Coke comapny or something..? :o :-\ :o :-\