https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Films Thread  (Read 191192 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Films Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 11:04:41 PM »
Am in the process of downloading 'Movies With A Twist Collection [Part 1]' from Demonoid, 53 films altogether...64.2GB in total lol. I've seen a few of them but the ones I have seen I'll quite happily watch again, some real classics. ;D

I stumbled upon it when I was looking for Pink Floyd The Wall. 8)

Edit: Here's a list of the films I've downloaded:

A Beautiful Mind
A Clockwork Orange[1971]
A.Scanner.Darkly[2006]
American psyko[DVDRip]
Angel Heart 1987
Arlington.Road.1999
Barton.Fink
Basic.2003.
Blue.Velvet[1986]
Chaos (2005)
Chinatown_1974
Cube 1997
Cypher.LIMITED.
Dark City - Director's Cut
Dead.Man.1995
Derailed[2005]
Diabolique.1996
Event Horizon[1997]
eXistenZ
Fallen (1998)
Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas
Fight Club
Forgotten, The
Frailty.DVDrip
Friday the 13th
From Dusk Till Dawn
Gattaca
Ghost Ship
Gone Baby Gone
Hide.and.Seek
High Tension
Identity (2003)
In The Mouth of Madness
Jacobs Ladder (1990)
K-PAX (2001)
Lucky.Number.Slevin
Matchstick.Men.2003.DVDRip.XviD.AR
Memento [10th Anniversary Edition]
Misery[1990]
Next
No Way Out1987
Oldboy
Paranoia.1.0.One.Point.O.2004
Passengers 2008
Passengers[2008]
Pink Floyd The Wall 1982
Planet Of The Apes
Premonition[2007]
Primal Fear (1996)
Reindeer Games (2000)
Remember Me (2010)
Requiem for a Dream (2000)
Revolver[2005]

Have just watched A Scanner Darkly and really enjoyed it but it was a little predictable tbh. Still, I like Phillip K Dick's writing and the two films I've seen - Bladerunner and A Scanner Darkly - have both been good...might have to check and see if any more of his work has made it to the big screen. ;D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 03:47:46 AM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 08:07:25 AM »
Love Arlington Road.
Can't believe Usual Suspects isn't in that collection - especially as the compiler appears to be a Kevin Spacey fan (though it seems he's more of a sci-fi fan). I'd have The Devil's Advocate on that list too.

"American psyko" lol
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 08:24:37 AM »
I've got loads of those... Gattaca and Memento are the pick of the bunch  ;)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:26:17 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 09:26:43 AM »
The Usual Suspects is in one of the other 3 parts...there's over 2.4Tb of films in total lol.  I watched American Psycho last night, that's one I've seen before and was quite happy to see again. A brilliant film. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline bealec

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 12:08:59 PM »
Dances with Smurfs was on C4 last night. I sky+'d it just too see what all the fuss was about. I'll give it a look see at some point.

Offline jman

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 01:22:19 PM »
I watched Kevin & Perry Go Large last night.. for about the hundredth time.. great film  ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 09:51:52 PM »
Dances with Smurfs was on C4 last night. I sky+'d it just too see what all the fuss was about. I'll give it a look see at some point.

You need to see it in 3D to really appreciate the film, one of the only films to use it well. Overall a basic plot, analogy to the destructon of our own planet and rainforests, but it's actually quite watchable. Some real holes in the plot though.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline styles

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 10:47:46 PM »
No way out - class film
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline jman

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 09:06:35 AM »
I watched....

Wrath of the Titans (3D) on Saturday - they werent showing the normal film at a reasonable time in 2D.. only in 3D in which they had about 12 showings throughout the day - dont know why because there was about 8 people (including us) in the whole cinema watching it in 3D... would of had to of gone into town to see it in 2D.. and to be honest, I wish I had of done because it cost over £20 for 2 tickets and thats without the glasses... (we have a ton of glasses..  I dont understand why the cinema has "recycling" boxes for 3D glasses when they quite clearly just re-sell them again.. we just pinched a load from one of these boxes once and keep them for when we go to watch 3D films again)...  Actually just commenting on the 3D usage throughout the film, it was OK, some bits were good, but overriding all that, towards the end of the film, the glasses were irritating me and I just wanted to watch something in normal vision again.. so Im still not impressed.. even at one point in the film I did actually move out of the way of a falling rock  ;D

Anyway, I dont think the film was as good as the first - I actually rather enjoyed the first one......but the sequel's story is just ridiculous.. its like... right.. perseus wife from the first film - yeah she's dead, zeus is mates with poseiden.. they get tricked by hades.. (again durrrrrr)... hades is going to sacrifice zeus to his father (Kronos) who is a creature made up of rock and lava (no shit)... and perseus must find him before this all happens... and thats it.. but the stupid thing is... that all happens within the first 15 minutes, theres no backstory to main plot elements (like who the eff is Kronos and how did he have children), theres no real development of the plot either... its just fight scene to fight scene to fight scene.. the special effects and everything associated with the fight scenes were technically brilliant in this sequel, but its all CGI, and to be honest, a lot of the action happens too fast and the camera moves too quickly, so sometimes its hard to work out whats going on.. not as bad as transformers 3.. but getting there imo... for example, it took me a while to realise he was fighting a minotaur at one stage in the film..

It was all just a bit meh for me... and despite the stellar cast of the film, everything just revolves around the action rather than the acting... which I guess I should of known by watching the trailer... go watch if you want to switch your brain off for 2 hours..

4/10

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012, 03:36:34 PM »
I didn't think a huge amount of the first one to be honest. Bought the DVD after not having had the time to go to the cinema and wished I'd saved my money. I'll not be bothering with "Wrath of the Titans".

On another note, being off work, revovering from surgery, leads to watching a fair few films. If anyone offers you the chance to watch a film called "Camel Spiders", turn it down. I've seen some bad films recently but this has to be one of the worst films I have ever seen in my life. Acting - bad, plot - ridiculous, special effects - atrocious. Some films are so bad they are funny. This was so bad it was painful. I'd rather pull out my stitches and undo the repairs to my tendons by sawing through them with a spoon than sit through that film again, it was that bad.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Late

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012, 04:10:05 PM »
Recently saw Mission Impossible 4. I wasn't expecting much - I thought the first film okay, the next two rather rubbish - so was pleasantly surprised.
It doesn't take itself seriously (in fact it's tongue-in-cheek throughout the entire film) and benefits massively from that. There's some fantastic action and the usual array of fancy gizmos (the fact that a fair few of them don't work as well as they should only serves to emphasise how great the gadget would be if working as advertised).
8/10 - definitely the best of the MI films.

Also re-watched "From Paris With Love" over the weekend. Another action film that doesn't take itself seriously, and I loved it - definitely worth more than it's 6.2 rating on imdb, imo.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline styles

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2012, 08:47:13 PM »
Watched my favourite dreamworks film of recent times again today - "How to train your dragon". Great show.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline jman

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2012, 09:54:20 AM »
I watched

The Promotion - thought it was boring.. few funny scenes in but I fell asleep towards the end.  Basically its a film about two people who work in a supermarket vying for a managers job at a new store.. with Seann William Scott in, I was expecting more laughs..

2.5/10

and

Insidious - I actually really enjoyed the story (for a horror film).. but I felt personally that the film relied too heavily on loud piano crashes/sudden ghostly appearances to make you jump.. its suspenseful.. but not scary... I felt paranormal activity was better... however I did enjoy it

6.5/10

Offline Late

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2012, 11:29:41 AM »
"Tiptoe through the tulips with me..."
That kid can throw some shapes.

Offline jman

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2012, 11:00:25 AM »
lol I just realised what the hell you were talking about... I just found that song annoying lol