https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Films Thread  (Read 191408 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Films Thread
« Reply #660 on: January 23, 2018, 09:17:31 PM »
Been a while since anybody posted about films here.

Have just started watching one with Anthony Hopkins called Fractured. Pretty good so far. Hopkins has just shot his wife in the head, confessed to the cop that was shagging his missus as well as making a written confession and he's decided to defend himself. He's quite a sneaky bugger so it's going to be interesting to see how this pans put. It's a bit obvious what he's done with the murder weapon though but I could be wrong.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #661 on: January 24, 2018, 02:54:38 AM »
Brawl in Cell Block 99. Excellent film. Starts slow, stick with it.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #662 on: January 24, 2018, 07:33:18 PM »
And yes, I was right about that shooter.

I would make a great detective/murderer [delete as applicable] :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #663 on: January 27, 2018, 10:02:53 PM »
Am just going to re-watch The Number 23 starring Jim Carrey. It's a fantastic film, definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it. Makes a change seeing Carrey in a serious role for once.

Offline Late

« Reply #664 on: February 06, 2018, 03:19:58 AM »
Got a script you can't sell? Stick "Cloverfield" in the title, and adapt two pages to make it loosely tie in in some way. J J Abrams will undoubtedly buy it and stick his name in the credits to continue the erosion of his reputation...

The Cloverfield Paradox:
Watchable, but not great. Not even close.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #665 on: February 06, 2018, 02:40:47 PM »
I didn't realise they did another one. I just watched the first one last week and really enjoyed it.

Offline jman

« Reply #666 on: February 07, 2018, 08:14:55 AM »
That would be the third one then - 10 Cloverfield Lane was the 2nd one and pretty much sounds what Late was describing... a decent unrelated 90 minute thriller with 10 shitty minutes added on to the end to make it tie in with the previous movie

Didn't even realise they were releasing a third one.. but just seen it was straight to Netflix

Offline Late

« Reply #667 on: February 07, 2018, 06:41:16 PM »
Yeah 2 and 3 were both standalone scripts that were adapted to tie in loosely with Cloverfield. I liked the second more than the original, but the third is annoying me more now than it was when I watched it.

Four is scheduled for release later this year.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #668 on: February 17, 2018, 11:04:10 PM »
Brawl in Cell Block 99. Excellent film. Starts slow, stick with it.

Hmmmm, maybe if you're into grindhouse B movies.  Plot is pretty flimsy and the fight scenes were pretty pants. Willis would have done a much better job than VV too, felt weird seeing him out of a comedy film.

Offline harv

« Reply #669 on: April 17, 2018, 07:54:17 AM »
I binge watched the three Hostel films yesterday, I had already watched the first one when it released but hadn't seen the last two. The third one wasn't great and the second one was the best of the lot.

Offline harv

« Reply #670 on: April 18, 2018, 09:53:35 PM »
I watched a film called Head Cases: Serial Killers In Delaware County earlier today and it was great. Shot in the style of a documentary it focuses on a bloke that not only kills people all over the shop but also trains other serial killers whilst they're his accomplices. And of course while he's doing all of this he's recording everything. Great film. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #671 on: September 08, 2018, 07:41:30 PM »
Am now working my way through Movies With A Twist Collections 3 and 4. I downloaded the former years ago and just didn't get around to watching them, and the torrent of the latter is dead so I've had to download them all individually.