https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: CONFERENCE TWO  (Read 526560 times)

Offline deca

Re: CONFERENCE TWO
« Reply #225 on: April 25, 2012, 11:17:19 PM »
I must say, many thanks Steve, excellent write ups that add a new dimension to 2-1-1.

Your efforts are much appreciated

Cheers

Deca!!!
Manager of Aston Villains & Cubana Villains

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #226 on: April 25, 2012, 11:59:38 PM »
:( :( I lost my unbeaten record to the captain...... ;D ;D

Showing good form the Hadokens, beating us all!!!

Tough league, I think we must be favourites for the UCB!!!

Cheers

Deca!!!

ps Got Chiii next up, need to win I feel!!!

Haha cheers Deca!
Still ain't beaten Chiii... Think it's been a good 2/3 seasons since I last beat UNIV but should be easy next time ;)
My main striker is going to retire soon though but his replacement is just as good. I can only get better in strength :D
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

touchnplay

« Reply #227 on: April 26, 2012, 10:36:59 PM »
Keep with it mate, the key to success is team strength, concentrate on training, concentrated training to maximise your teams attributes, corners, defence, jogging, etc.

Get as many 99s as possible, then you'll be able to turn things around, patience and perseverence!!!

All the best

Deca!!!

yeah I no mate been training them like that throughout with ball skills every now and again just a personal preference from my felix days. It all comes down to the players you buy at the end of the day for instance for an x-1-1 like ours you need to be buying players with 95 for the primary stats minimum,  to be able to compete otherwise it's a lost cause until there season 3/4 because TA in the match engine is not that important at all in my opinion

Offline stevenm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #228 on: April 27, 2012, 11:20:07 PM »
Day19 Results

Thu, 26 Apr 2012   FC Town of Luton   0 - 2    Steel City Blades   
 Thu, 26 Apr 2012   Cubana Villains   0 - 1    UNIV. CRAIOVA   
 Thu, 26 Apr 2012   Tipton Tornadoes   0 - 4    HaDoKeN F.C   
 Thu, 26 Apr 2012   The Pink Charlottes   0 - 1    Bayern Arse   
 Thu, 26 Apr 2012   Tottenham Hotspur   1 - 1    Spartak   
 Thu, 26 Apr 2012   HH Beticos   1 - 2    Rocket Rangers   
 Thu, 26 Apr 2012   Didier Drogba Fan Club   3 - 0    White hart lane   
 Thu, 26 Apr 2012   Forever Blowing Bubbles   1 - 0    Touchnplay   

TheBlades pulled off a good win away at FCLuton, CHAMPION ELECT TheRomanian had an impressive result away at TheCuban. TheCaptain is proving TheMaster at the mo as he put Tipton to the sword. Bayern won away at the stuttering ThePink. Relegation threatened pair Tottenham and Spartak shared the spoils. TheRocket continued their impressive recent form with an away win at Beticos. TheFanClub needed the win against TheLane and duly got it to relieve a bit of tension and TheBubbles put TheTouch further in the mire with a narrow home win.

Didier Drogba Fan Club - Every Drog has his day

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #229 on: April 28, 2012, 01:12:03 AM »
Keep with it mate, the key to success is team strength, concentrate on training, concentrated training to maximise your teams attributes, corners, defence, jogging, etc.

Get as many 99s as possible, then you'll be able to turn things around, patience and perseverence!!!

All the best

Deca!!!

yeah I no mate been training them like that throughout with ball skills every now and again just a personal preference from my felix days. It all comes down to the players you buy at the end of the day for instance for an x-1-1 like ours you need to be buying players with 95 for the primary stats minimum,  to be able to compete otherwise it's a lost cause until there season 3/4 because TA in the match engine is not that important at all in my opinion

Yes and also mate you have to be willing to spend on some good players. I'm not saying buy a squad with players 10K each but get a bit of both. How i generally do it is that i would get ordinary players in the market but at young age and I tend to get older players with better stats. This way with the young players you can train them up and after lets say 5 seasons they will be full in mostly all stats and than you still have another 5 seasons with them. With the older players they will decline in less seasons but after a season or 2, they will have full stats and so on if you get my drift.
Forum Admin

Offline stevenm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #230 on: April 28, 2012, 07:45:55 AM »
Day20 Results

Fri, 27 Apr 2012   Forever Blowing Bubbles   0 - 0    Steel City Blades   
 Fri, 27 Apr 2012   Spartak   0 - 0    UNIV. CRAIOVA   
 Fri, 27 Apr 2012   Rocket Rangers   0 - 1    FC Town of Luton   
 Fri, 27 Apr 2012   Tottenham Hotspur   1 - 1    Cubana Villains   
 Fri, 27 Apr 2012   HH Beticos   0 - 4    HaDoKeN F.C   
 Fri, 27 Apr 2012   White hart lane   0 - 3    Bayern Arse   
 Fri, 27 Apr 2012   Touchnplay   1 - 2    Tipton Tornadoes   
 Fri, 27 Apr 2012   Didier Drogba Fan Club   0 - 0    The Pink Charlottes

With 10 games to go things are still very interesting in this competitive league. TheBlades drew away at TheBubbles and therefore couldnt take advantage of TheRomanian who also drew away at Spartak who will see that as a precious point. FCLuton got a good result at the improving Rocket but it looks like the Champs League qualification may be out of reach. TheCuban drew at Tottenham and looks the favourite for 4th. TheCaptain continued his impressive form as he put Beticos away with ease, TheCaptain may be thinking the title could be his but definetly ChampsLeague qualification is his. Bayern won comfotably at TheLane who now must be condemned back to Div2. TheTouch will be very disappointed with the result considering Tiptons recent form and now only a miracle will keep him in the league. TheFanClub gained an important point against ThePink and will be looking to build on recent results.
Didier Drogba Fan Club - Every Drog has his day

touchnplay

« Reply #231 on: April 28, 2012, 12:03:09 PM »
Couldn't agree more captain it's all about getting the balance right which ultimately means to compete at the top you have to invest more money into your team. It's all about getting the balance right so at all times your first 11 is full of 99's, clearly seems to be doing the trick for you you're having a great season mate breaking into the top 3 and with an outside shot at the title. Just don't do a spurs and you'll be fine !

Offline Mancunian_Nick

« Reply #232 on: April 28, 2012, 12:26:36 PM »
Fri, 27 Apr 2012   Tottenham Hotspur   1 - 1    Cubana Villains

Well good result all in all I think, although I have to say I thought I was a tad unlucky. Had 53% possession (although how they work that out I don't know considering your tactics were only ahead of mine for 15 minutes and I had 15 shots to 12. First 45 minutes I was ahead and stalemate. You go ahead at 60 minutes and after 6 minutes you're one goal up! Sometimes, as I've said before, I just don't 'get' this game. :D

It's not as if my strikers are rubbish either but hey ho, never mind. I suppose all in all a fair result - trying to be magnanimous about it. :)
Tottenham Hotspur

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #233 on: April 28, 2012, 02:13:00 PM »
Couldn't agree more captain it's all about getting the balance right which ultimately means to compete at the top you have to invest more money into your team. It's all about getting the balance right so at all times your first 11 is full of 99's, clearly seems to be doing the trick for you you're having a great season mate breaking into the top 3 and with an outside shot at the title. Just don't do a spurs and you'll be fine !

Yer mate cheers. Haven't performed this well in the league since my first season here in which I ended up 3rd. Obviously you have some people who have paid like 130K for their whole team which I do actually think is to much unless your a millionaire of course. I think my team is around the 70K area. You gotta be tactical as well about this. You don't want all your players to retire all at the same time. That's 1 little mistake I have done with my midfield. They will all be retiring together which is going to really affect my league status in a couple of seasons time.

Good to see Brads and Chiiiii losing some points yesterday night! - Still got to face some quality managers but there is every chance I can cause an upset :D
Last time I lost in the league was on Friday the 13th :|
Forum Admin

touchnplay

« Reply #234 on: April 28, 2012, 02:42:09 PM »

Yer mate cheers. Haven't performed this well in the league since my first season here in which I ended up 3rd. Obviously you have some people who have paid like 130K for their whole team which I do actually think is to much unless your a millionaire of course. I think my team is around the 70K area. You gotta be tactical as well about this. You don't want all your players to retire all at the same time. That's 1 little mistake I have done with my midfield. They will all be retiring together which is going to really affect my league status in a couple of seasons time.

Good to see Brads and Chiiiii losing some points yesterday night! - Still got to face some quality managers but there is every chance I can cause an upset :D
Last time I lost in the league was on Friday the 13th :|

Yeah i reckon my whole team cost around 15k, but i wasn't expecting to be in this league with season 2 players so I can't really complain, I just took the opportunity when it came to move up. This is probably the best conference out of all the x-1-1's so it's even more important to have a great squad. I'm hoping in 2/3 seasons I will be able to challenge for the 2-1-1 title. Yeah it a tough run in there is no easy matches in this league I'm hoping to spring an upset myself tonight when chiii comes to town so might do you a favour ! Should be a very interesting run in for the title and relegation myself and white hart lane are already down but then it's 2 from five so should be a fierce battle to the end !

Offline MartinW63

« Reply #235 on: April 28, 2012, 03:50:30 PM »

Yes and also mate you have to be willing to spend on some good players. I'm not saying buy a squad with players 10K each but get a bit of both. How i generally do it is that i would get ordinary players in the market but at young age and I tend to get older players with better stats. This way with the young players you can train them up and after lets say 5 seasons they will be full in mostly all stats and than you still have another 5 seasons with them. With the older players they will decline in less seasons but after a season or 2, they will have full stats and so on if you get my drift.
[/quote]
Interesting points from The Captain and Deca. Personally I never spend more than 1500Cr a man and have a total team budget of 15,900Cr at the moment. There are some tactics that seem to make a difference. Fridays and Saturdays seem to be better for buying, I guess everyone is out getting hammered! Also the nearer to the end of the season, with the week between end and playoffs being a time for some easier pickings, I guess more poeple don't come on every day then?
You also have to have different criteria for the player types:
Goalies - try to buy those with the most stamina above 60. The ones above 70 tend to be more expensive and those that are under 20yrs old even more so. I have found you can get goalies between 20-30 with 60+ stamina sometimes for 500Cr. Also look at the passing stat they vary by as much as 5 points which is a seasons training!
Defenders - Go for Pace 68+ and as much stamina as possible for the budget you set, this normally means they have tackling and heading stats of 95. I tend to end up with older players (30+), so I limit to 900Cr, but I will go to 1500Cr if they are younger. I picked up a fairly decent anysided D for 900Cr yesterday he is in my squad (Rich Farquar) if you want to take a look.
Midfielders - I go the way Deca says, buy young and train them up, with a few older with better stats. Stamina and pace being the main attributes I look for.
Strikers - Pace being the main criteria always go for 68+. There does not seem to be the pressure to get these than the other type of players. You can normally get ones between 20-30yrs with no problem. The ones under 20 will always be expensive. I also try to keep a mix with 2 with high pace of 88+, but some lower stats in other areas and 2 with lower pace 68 - 74 but higher stats of 95 in most other areas.

I might not win many leagues but I get a lot of fun mucking up the big boys (sometimes) and when the cycle of players is right you just never know.
Well thats my two penneth, anyone else got any tip?
Martin.
FC Town Of Luton - Cheap and Nasty since 1964
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Offline Chili

« Reply #236 on: April 28, 2012, 03:59:39 PM »
Buy players for attacking formations. Look at my second team (Port Morrow), most of my players cost less than 1000 cr, and got my most expensive player for 1200 cr.
Port Morrow/Colour City

touchnplay

« Reply #237 on: April 28, 2012, 05:21:51 PM »
Buy players for attacking formations. Look at my second team (Port Morrow), most of my players cost less than 1000 cr, and got my most expensive player for 1200 cr.

Interesting points martin, especially about the keepers and strikers, I do feel that stamina is possibly the most important attribute as (and this just might be my team) it seems the longest to train up. Moving on to your point chiii I'm wary of buying players that are based for attacking formations as (and again might just be me) I've had a suspicion that the match engine takes into account formation to your advanced tactics for example if your playing
5-2-3 and your set to defensive it's better than if you were playing attacking so I'm guna keep an eye on your performance in the up and coming III to see if that has any truth in it.

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #238 on: April 28, 2012, 05:42:21 PM »
You've mad some valid points there Martin.
However if i was in your position, I wouldn't have bought that defender even if you bought him on the cheap. He will last for only 6 seasons if i'm correct so by the time he becomes epic, he will eventually retire. Defenders like those will tend to take 4-6 seasons to fully get stated up. Well that's in my case anyway.
If you look at my team i have a similar played ' Red Berry Cherry' as a left back whom is 27 years and will last with me for 8 seasons. And i bought him for 1200 credits. If you look at my other defender 'White Rhyno' He had virtually same stats as our defenders when bought and now he is in his 5ith season but yet still hasn't got the stats I would like it to have. Comparing him to my other defender ' White Widow' who is also in his 5th season, you can see a clear difference between the stats. You can sometimes get class defenders on the cheap if they only last for 6 seasons. I just bought a new really good right back ' Laughing Buddha' for only 3K credits but the only problem is that he is old.

In my opinion, midfielders are the most expensive. Sometimes you can get a bargain on them however. 'Super Lemon Haze' my midfielder, bought him at like 16 years would good stats, for only 4K. Generally them players would easily be bought for 10K. But Chiiiiiii is completley right. Attacking players for attacking formations are significantly cheaper. Most managers on here don't use attacking formations. My other team has to have some attacking midfielders for it christmass tree formation. I got a top notch midfielder the other day virtually mostly 90+ stats in everything and for only 500credits!!! (I was the only user to bid for that player!)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 05:49:57 PM by captain_kush »
Forum Admin

Offline MartinW63

« Reply #239 on: April 28, 2012, 11:17:25 PM »
Chiiis and The Captains points on the attcking players/formations are valid. However the main problem with this approach is awols and injuries as you naturally have less cover, this was the reason I stopped using attacking players/formations. , as I kept getting caught out for important matches (why does it never happen when it doesn't matter?).
Captain is also right about under 29 verses over to a point. As I am trying to bring a stream of players with end dates a season apart (the ideal but probably impossible to achieve), I will always have to play a player who will not be as strong, hence I tend to play substitutes in the second half to make up for lack of  stamina. If I was setting a higher budget, sure I would only buy young and high stat players, but I am trying to run the team like a small club (only wish Luton had done this we would be much higher than bloody Blue Square), as I find the challange interesting. Also I have  picked up cheep under 30's it is just that anysided never go in my bugdet if they are under 30, I'll keep trying- if I get one I'll let you know ;)!

I guess it just goes down to how much you want to spend and what you are trying to get out of it.

One thing I have noticed is the older players tend to train up quicker? Is this just me or has anyone else noticed this?
FC Town Of Luton - Cheap and Nasty since 1964
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️