https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Films Thread  (Read 201089 times)

Offline ancelotti

Re: The Films Thread
« Reply #270 on: September 21, 2012, 04:40:20 PM »
Sky's Broadband is slower, but also dirt cheap compared to Virgin's. Also, I think Sky have more HD channels.

I work out Virgin's ultimate package (VIP package, telly, phone & BB) as £93.25 + £13.90 line rental = £107.15
Sky's top package (also telly, phone & BB) is £73.25 + £14.50 line rental = £87.75

So Sky is probably cheaper than Virgin on the whole, too. Although Virgin's introductory offers might offset that extra cost.

Offline harv

« Reply #271 on: September 21, 2012, 05:22:47 PM »
I'm only paying for my broadband and phone, only £32 something. And that's for 60Meg that's getting doubled next month. 8)

Would never pay for Sky or Virgin telly, there's no need if you have a decent broadband connection.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline bealec

« Reply #272 on: September 21, 2012, 07:40:00 PM »
Yeah after my recent dealings with sky ill let this one pass.

Offline Momo

« Reply #273 on: September 21, 2012, 08:35:13 PM »
I'm only paying for my broadband and phone, only £32 something. And that's for 60Meg that's getting doubled next month. 8)

Would never pay for Sky or Virgin telly, there's no need if you have a decent broadband connection.

I'm Skyed up, I don't know what it costs, I let the dragon deal with all the financial pish. Having said that I do like a bargain, and as I see it 'FREE' is the option I personally find the most attractive.
Fartiing about on the Internet gets you lots of good stuff, so climb in, ponder this Harv.
If you like try this.

Offline Momo

« Reply #274 on: September 21, 2012, 08:42:49 PM »
Get a Techi to sort it if confused, as I did.
Jailbreak essential for ipad bye the way.

Offline harv

« Reply #275 on: September 21, 2012, 10:16:42 PM »
Omfg, have just watched a Japanese film called Audition and it was bloody fantastic. Great twist at the end although it was more than a little trippy in places. Highly recommended! ;D

A guy's wife dies and 7 years later after his son tells him he's getting old and needs to remarry. His best mate makes telly programmes and they stage an audition so that he can find a wife. And that's all I'm saying, don't want to give anything away. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Momo

« Reply #276 on: September 22, 2012, 12:27:39 AM »
Lets guess then.....................
His son hooks him up with a whore and it out turns messy.

or

His son hooks him up with a whore and it turns out that she's his sister.

or

His son hooks him up with a whore and he says 'hi mum'

or

His mum sets him up with a whore and he said 'I did'nt think you cared , thanks mum'

or

His dad set him up with a whore and he said ' Thanks, but could you please clean up before my dibs.

For me any of the above would be interesting, but if it's in Japanese I don't know if I would make the end of the movie.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #277 on: September 22, 2012, 12:51:12 AM »
Confession time. This past week i have been in Scotland on a training course for sky. Starting on Monday I'll be flogging sky door to door. Not sure how long I'll last as Im a lazy bugger but the pay is class, i get a motor and free sky tv and so far they seem to be a great place to work for.

Obviously one of my tasks will be converting people from virgin, bt etc so anyone who wants to tell me why sky is better than those companies then Im all ears.

You'll never convince me Sky is better than Virgin, after the problems I had with Sky salespeople continually bugging me and then when I cancelled my Sky subscription they tried tho threaten me with court, set a debt collection agency on me and threatened me with bailiffs - even though I had a letter from Sky apologising for their behaviour and stating that I didn't owe them any money and that the matter was fully resolved.

Still had a dopey Scottish twat trying to tell me that I did owe them money and then his even dopier bitch of a manager in response to my pointing out that the letter said the matter was fully resolved said "well you can interpret that how you like but you still owe us money". Needless to say at that point I wasn't very polite. Eventually got sorted but I would rather give up watching TV altogether than have Sky and if any Sky salespeople dare to knock my door, they are leaving in an ambulance (they'll have ignored the very clear "no salespeople" sign in my porch window for a start.

Virgin broadband is superior to Sky and I don't have to have a BT line.

Not sure that's going to help your sales pitch much Styles lol.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Momo

« Reply #278 on: September 22, 2012, 01:29:24 AM »
They are all BT lines I'm afraid to say.
Other than that everyone of them are a bunch of incompetent bastards, the customer service throughout the industry is scandalous.
Everything is a bed of roses when you are buying, but when it goes tits up, don't expect rapid response, when you're in you're their bitch.
As I said before bastards to a man.   

Offline harv

« Reply #279 on: September 22, 2012, 01:44:02 AM »
Not having to have a BT line was the sole reason why I went for Telewest (at that time). In a previous flat I had a problem with BT. I always waited until a red bill came through the door and always paid it immediately whenever I got it. Then BT decided, for some reason known only to themselves, to cut me off and then sent me a red bill afterwards. I then phoned them from a phone box, told them that was no way to conduct business and that they could sing for it.

I've boycotted them ever since. Arseholes. :o

Offline styles

« Reply #280 on: September 22, 2012, 05:23:38 AM »
They're all a pile of old pants as far as telly is concerned. And Virgin Media has the fastest internet speed too so don't waste your time trying to convince a Virgin Media customer to switch their broadband.

Sky is rolling out fibre optic bb too. The cost is ridiculous tho. What do virgin charge?
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #281 on: September 22, 2012, 02:12:47 PM »
I get 60Meg plus a phone line for £32 something, and that speed is getting doubled next month. Pretty good deal and it's very rare to get any problems in my area. Much better going for a cable connection because the distance from your telephone exchange isn't a problem and you actually get the speed it says on the tin. ;D

Virgin currently have the fastest broadband in the UK at 200Meg, but 120Meg will do me just fine lol :P

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #282 on: September 23, 2012, 03:00:29 AM »
50 Meg bb (well that's what mine will be upgraded to soon, telephone (free calls 24/7) and TV £47. Plus £7 per month rolling 1 month contract for mobile (with extras such as extra minutes, free calls to virgin phones, extra texts etc for being an existing customer.

Don't have SKy movies or sports though, don't need them and have not missed them since I cancelled them.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline jman

« Reply #283 on: September 25, 2012, 11:10:45 AM »
I went up to one of those guys on a sky stand in the shopping centre the other week.. asked him how much it would cost to get what I have now (60mb broadband + phoneline) + sky sports package...

he said, best I'd get is 30mb with sky fibre + phoneline and had to have the entertainment package to get sky sports... all of that was about £85... then it was £5 extra for having the HD bits bolted on.... I said I'd sign up today if he did it all at £65.. and he told me to get lost lol.  This also included a £50 installation fee which is a joke really.

Safe to say, Im still with virgin.. who definitely dont use BT lines!!!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:13:04 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #284 on: September 25, 2012, 01:24:56 PM »
I saw a film called Dead Man's Shoes last night and it was excellent. Set in the North of England it had the brother of a mentally disabled kid killing the town's drug dealers. ;D