https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The World Cup 2018 Thread  (Read 25691 times)

Offline harv

Re: The World Cup 2018 Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2018, 04:00:54 PM »
1-1. I'd just like to wholeheartedly apologise for putting the Harv Kiss Of Death on Argentina. They probably won't make it out of the group stage now I've got money on the fuckers!!! :o :'( ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2018, 06:23:46 PM »
Peru vs Denmark is a great game so far. Poulsen has just put the Danes 1-0 up and Schmeichel has just pulled off a good save to prevent the equaliser a few minutes later.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2018, 06:58:35 PM »
Another great match, it ended with Denmark winning 1-0 but you've got to feel for the Peruvians there because they deserved something from that game with the effort they put in.

Offline harv

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2018, 09:04:12 PM »
Croatia are 1-0 up at half-time due to an own goal. Probably the worst match of the competition so far.

Offline harv

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2018, 10:32:14 PM »
It finished with Croatia winning 2-0 but was painful to watch sometimes. Terrible match. >:(

Offline harv

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2018, 02:20:01 PM »
I missed the first half of Costa Rica vs Serbia but the second half has started and Kolarov has scored an amazing goal from a free kick to put Serbia 1-0 up. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2018, 04:05:22 PM »
Bloody hell, Germany vs Mexico looks like it's going to be a fantastic game so far. 3 minutes gone and both sides have had a chance on goal. :o

Offline harv

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2018, 04:39:58 PM »
Lozano puts Mexico 1-0 up. Mexico have JUST been the better side but it's been end to end stuff here.

There's plenty more goals in this game by the looks of it.

Offline harv

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2018, 04:50:02 PM »
1-0 to Mexico at half-time during a VERY entertaining first half. Mexico are looking so dangerous on the break and are looking reasonable at the back so far too. Potential dark horses, perhaps? :o

Offline harv

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2018, 05:51:56 PM »
The Krauts had a much better second half but so many of their chances have been off target and not good enough to avoid a 1-0 defeat. Always good to see those fuckers lose lol 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2018, 08:00:19 PM »
Brazil 1-0 up against the Swiss. They're still in it but another goal in the second half will seal the three points I think.

Offline harv

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2018, 08:19:09 PM »
1-1 now. Brazil gifted the Swiss a free header. TERRIBLE defending.

Offline harv

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2018, 09:31:31 PM »
Ended up 1-1.

Germany, Spain, Brazil and Argentina have all failed to win their first game. :o

A win for England tomorrow and it's a nailed on CERTAINTY that England are gonna win the thing. 8) :P 8)

Offline jman

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2018, 09:42:25 PM »
Was good to see the Krauts losing today, Mexico should have had 3 or 4 though.. they were knackered by the 60th minute.. so it was all Germany at the end but great result for them.

So far, so good for my sweepstake at work - I pulled out Uruguay and Denmark lol - unlikely to win the thing, but get my money back if one of them tops their group.

Also got a fiver on a 51/1 shot on
Egypt, Denmark, Mexico, Switzerland, England, Poland, Croatia and Portugal all qualifying from their groups...

Not doing badly at the moment.. its looking OK but need Egypt to beat the Ruskis on Wednesday otherwise its probably fucked...Egypt and Poland were always my dodgy picks but I didn't expect Russia to nail the Saudis like they did.

Offline jman

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2018, 10:10:46 PM »
I watched all the games this weekend aswell - have to say that the Beeb are so much better at this than ITV.. their pundits, anchors and commentators are just pure shit.

Don't get me wrong, Lawro and Murphy just talk absolute shite - I can't stand them, nor Phil Neville - just a whinier version of Gary - but the BBC team is far preferable than ITVs - this will probably come off sexist - I don't care, but why are they so many women pundits at a men's professional game - I can understand the likes of Jacqui Oatley, Gabby Logan - who have actually worked in the men's game for a while - but actually they sit in the anchor role - so not really pundits, they just keep the conversation going, but why female England internationals as pundits - OK they've played football for England.. but not for the men's teams.. completely different level - and they've never really had any punditry experience.. I just don't get it.. its not like women are going to see that and think ah ok, I WILL watch the football now there's a woman on the pundit team.