https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The World Cup 2018 Thread  (Read 26015 times)

Offline harv

The World Cup 2018 Thread
« on: June 03, 2018, 03:26:35 PM »
Thought it was time we had one of these.

Who do you think is going to win?

England of course, you crazy fools. :o 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

Re: The World Cup 2018 Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 06:14:19 PM »
Paddy Power have the Argies at 10/1 and Portugal at 22/1, might be worth a couple of each-way bets I reckon.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 03:46:35 PM »
Unfuckingbelievable.

The joint US, Canada and Mexico bid for the 2026 World Cup has won. Despite Mexico hosting in 1986 and the US hosting in 1994. And Canada is hardly known as a footballing nation either. That would be 60 years since England hosted the competition.

What the FUCK do we have to do to host the fucking thing again?!!?!!?

Fucking wankers. :o >:( :o

Offline jman

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 09:51:26 AM »
We didn't bid for the 2026 World Cup though.. and I think the 2030 world cup will go to Uruguay as it will be the 100th anniversary... 2034 here we come - although I do believe it should be a joint nation bid (Scotland/Ireland/Wales/England) - that would be fantastic.

I think the US/Canada/Mexico WC is good though - better than Morocco.. although the time difference will be a killer for the late games...

I've gone for the Argies at 10/1 this WC.. I think Messi has to win it.. although a South American team winning it in europe has only happened once so maybe not.  Also got them to reach the semi's at 5/2

« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 09:55:40 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 08:39:48 PM »
The Argies have no hope of winning the thing cos I bunged a £5 e/w bet on them myself. Sorry about that lol :P
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 08:42:34 PM by harv »

Offline harv

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 08:42:15 PM »
And the only hope we have of hosting the 2034 World Cup will be if the English FA sell Wembley to raise enough money for a few bangs. Worked for Russia and Qatar  :P

Offline jman

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 09:05:24 AM »
As long as they make the semi's I don't care if the Argies win it or not.

The opening cermoney yesterday was probably one of the worst I've ever seen.. it was fucking awful and only lasted about 10 minutes, that brunette bint was the only good thing about it, but even she was miming.  The game wasn't much better despite it finishing 5-0... had some comical defending from the Saudis.

Apparently England are going to be preparing a joint nations bid for the 2030 World Cup - I can't see it beating the Argentina/Uruguay/Paraguay joint bid though.. be better off going for the 2034 tournament in honesty.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 09:11:22 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 02:40:19 PM »
I'm just surprised that Qatar have kept their hosting of 2022 tbh. It doesn't take much intelligence to know that the decision was as dodgy as fuck.

We'll never get another World Cup imo. FIFA won't have any of it. They hate us. Not even if we get the other home nations with us in a joint bid. Not going to happen.

Offline harv

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 02:52:36 PM »
Uruguay have just gone 1-0 up. You've got to feel for Egypt though, looks like Ramadan has taken its toll on the players in these last 25 minutes or so. They've looked pretty knackered. :(

Offline harv

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 05:58:19 PM »
Fucking hell, Iran have just gone 1-0 up through an own goal. If they can pull this off that will be their second World Cup win in history  :o

And that's it! They've just won!!!

Offline harv

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 07:02:16 PM »
All these years watching Spain play football and I've NEVER seen any of these puss cats that these commentators keep on mentioning. Weird. ???

Offline harv

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 07:08:07 PM »
Ronnie puts Portugal 1-0 up from the spot.

Spain might end up getting hammered here if they let their heads drop. I can't imagine that morale would have been great before the start of the match given what's gone on this week.

Offline harv

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 07:21:20 PM »
Looks like have settled down now, getting a good amount of possession.

Offline harv

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 07:25:30 PM »
Costa gets an equaliser :o

Offline harv

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 07:48:03 PM »
A rare howler from De Gea and Ronnie puts Portugal 2-1 up just before half-time. Spain had just been the dominant side for a while too with Isco causing them all sorts of problems.

And that's half-time  :o