https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Pre Season Gold competitions in the Pre Season  (Read 6226 times)

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
The Pre Season Gold competitions in the Pre Season
« on: January 25, 2023, 07:37:34 PM »
So, as we know the pre season competitions in the Pre Season are used mainly to get that training benefit while there is no friendlies.

Some managers have expressed it isn't fair that some can't get in etc and we can't keep making more & more just to try get everyone in. Still then people can miss out. Where does it stop?

Where do we want to go with these for the pre season or in general?
It does benefit multiple teams on a budget as you can play a gold league get 14 x training sessions for 500cr. Rather than 1400cr in friendlies. (Myself included I do this, not so much for the credits but because I create and play in them it gives me one less game. I don't need a friendly aswell then)

IMO in the long run I think we should take the training benefit away from ALL private leagues so there is 0 advantage on any of them. Everyone would be on the same playing field. The Official competitions would keep the Gold Cup image so that will remain on your history page and they would still be restartable so they tally up on your history page. No-one would get a pre season training advantage. More emphasis on scheduling your friendlies.

Open for discussion with what you guys think we should do.
Need to do something though so it's fair for all and we don't have more and more Pre Golds. Without the training we wouldn't need the Pre Golds tbh as you could just join other PLs people have created.
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
Re: The Pre Season Gold competitions in the Pre Season
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 07:38:07 PM »
*Bump* So people can see this.

Offline Nijinsky

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 10:44:10 PM »
Just make it one team per manager across all the gold leagues. I still fill all my friendly games in every season but i am partial to a bit of gold...
Only the one and only Hoarses

Offline RParker9

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 10:49:42 PM »
I'd say keep the training benefit. We all want to improve our teams. Just make more pre-season golds where needed.
King Kennys Army

Offline bonzai

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 11:12:43 PM »
I'm for removing the training benifit.

If it was only a budget thing, I was ok with it, you can choose to spend the credits for the training benifits.
But because places are limited, it seems unfair to people login in later, or noticing later that the leagues are open.

Creating more leagues is a solution, but then there will always be some teams without a spot, and moderators gets extra work sorting things out, which we all now, in this SL messages systems is alot of time spended for the people that already do so much to keep this game entertaining.
FC Schwalbe
Pilsners of Belgium

Offline Gull

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2023, 07:48:14 AM »
Agree with Nij - one team per manager and hope it doesn't get abused, perhaps if Borg doesn't mind he could password protect PS3 & Brian could still help out with PS4?

Who would be removing the training benefits anyway, would Junior sort this? More chance of BALDBEAN winning a conference than that happening!

Offline Swifty

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2023, 01:19:07 PM »
Agree with Nij - one team per manager and hope it doesn't get abused, perhaps if Borg doesn't mind he could password protect PS3 & Brian could still help out with PS4?

Who would be removing the training benefits anyway, would Junior sort this? More chance of BALDBEAN winning a conference than that happening!
this is his year 😂😂😂
Rebel Rovers

Offline Denmark_14

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2023, 02:16:27 PM »

One day 😂😂 winning 6-1-1 is no achievement 🤨🤨
BALDBEAN FC

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2023, 06:43:31 PM »

I can remove the training benefit. Also, Brian could and I believe SuperJ has the ability?
there's nothing to it to be honest. Simply 1 click of a button making the competition official or not. You can add or take away training benefit to any private league created.

Offline stupac

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2023, 07:14:40 PM »
Disagree.

This is how it's always been. First come, first served just like any other open PL.
Limiting to 1 team per manager across all gold leagues is the only way to make it fair without creating more and more leagues. Also opening them at different times is a way to give people a chance to get in.

I try and enter the day league as much as possible as I am on a budget. If we were to create a second one that runs constantly, I would be more than happy to create it if given the means to do so.
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline mihai

• UNIV. CRAIOVA
    • http://smokey.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/teaminformation.pl?teamid=640
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2023, 03:14:46 AM »
Disagree.

This is how it's always been. First come, first served just like any other open PL.
Limiting to 1 team per manager across all gold leagues is the only way to make it fair without creating more and more leagues. Also opening them at different times is a way to give people a chance to get in.

I try and enter the day league as much as possible as I am on a budget. If we were to create a second one that runs constantly, I would be more than happy to create it if given the means to do so.

I agree with Stuart

Offline spiteri

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2023, 05:44:57 AM »
I would say leave it alone for the most part Borg, just like the gelling issue. Any slight tweak could turn off people that still enjoy playing the game. We all enjoy different mechanics of the engine and trying to get the best from the game, one for me is trying to constantly attain the best squad strength possible to keep me motivated.

I see Stupac and others are running budget teams which is a hard enough challenge as it is, to turn the training benefits off for them would be unfair and definately lead to less interest. Same with the gelling bug, unless junior or someone could fix it removing it completely would obviously leas to the demise of spending credits on most private leagues which once again will kill the game quicker.

With regards to the 'pre season golds' I would suggest getting them open on days 36-37 and keeping the last one password protected with 16 teams maybe until days 40-43 reducing the teams if necessary to get the last comp going on time. I would be happy to keep one of my reserve teams on standby to get the comp going on time, or even run a potential larger final gold league if time is the issue. I'm on here fairly often throughout the day.

As annoying as the bugs are I accept them for what they are and do my best to navigate. 
Floriana FC

Offline Gull

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2023, 07:47:56 AM »
What day of the season do friendlies end? If a pre season gold league is running in place of friendlies presumably players would still be improving stat wise?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 07:52:44 AM by Gull »

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2023, 10:38:53 AM »
It shouldn't be a substitute for a budget. The whole idea is you pay for friendlies to training up your teams. Shouldn't be part of the game IMO. Why it was added when this version was made who knows. It's like the KO glitch thing with the 3 subs which it's widely used. Shouldn't be part of the game because if you don't do it you stand no chance. This we actually have an opportunity to change unlike the KO subs. So nobody at all gets an advantage. Completely fair. Doesn't require Junior.

Anyway, it would appear that most above are putting forward about limiting it to 1 team. Providing of course people don't abuse that. There's a few hidden teams about. Some I don't know who they're. Trial and error I guess. See who enters. If that's the way we go.

We could always keep 2 maybe 3 Pre Golds at most and make them bigger leagues. 12/14/16 team entrants. I create 1, Brian does 1 and I can ask SuperJ (he entered 1 last season). That would be limited to 1 team per manager over ALL leagues.

Gull, your last friendly is 2 days after your last league game.

Offline Gull

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2023, 01:18:20 PM »
Gull, your last friendly is 2 days after your last league game.

Could be losing 2 to 3 days of player improvements if pre-season golds are removed? Very rough estimate but average player could lose around 3% to certain stats depending on training over course of 8 seasons.