https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Top Supermarket Stuff Thread  (Read 77475 times)

Offline jman

Re: The Top Supermarket Stuff Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2013, 10:11:34 AM »
Those fish fusions I was on about were reduced to £2 in Asda the other day... we got a couple, but think they realised that £3 was just too high.

Looking for deals on Kelloggs Frosted Wheats now.. Im addicted to those, for a low fat, healthy(ish) cereal - its bloody nice!

Offline harv

« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2013, 12:52:45 AM »
Both Tesco and Asda doing coke 2 for 2 quid again. Nice! 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2013, 10:29:48 PM »
Have just seen that Tesco are doing 8 can multipacks of Diet Coke buy one get one free for £4.20 for those of you that prefer drinking cans as opposed to 2l bottles, and I'm assuming they're doing that for the sugary stuff too. Quite a good deal!
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2013, 10:59:36 AM »
Those new cereals they've been advertising - curiously cinnamon and curiously strawberry - are lovely. Don't even bother with milk (though they're good with it), straight out of the packet. I'm addicted to them already.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2013, 11:36:07 AM »
Aw bollocks...you should have posted that yesterday before I did my shopping, I bought some Bran Flakes yesterday!!! :P

Offline harv

« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2013, 10:31:52 PM »
Have just seen that Sainsburys are doing buy one get one free for 2L bottles of Coke. Just ordered 30 lol

Offline Late

« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2013, 12:22:22 PM »
Cokey cola time again.

For those of us that prefer cans, Tesco are knocking out 24 can packs (regular and diet varieties - not zero, or other versions) starting today, for £5.00 (that's a shade under £0.21 per can) - which is probably the cheapest I've seen in about ten years.

Speaking of Coke, I see they're finally killing off cokezone (though you could easily argue they killed it off a couple of years ago).
If you've got any points on your account you have until mid October to redeem them, or lose them.
cokezone

I've got about 1250.
150 points for a cinema ticket looks to be the best of a bad lot.
5 points for an issue of FHM is tempting, even though the magazine has been shit for about 10-15 years now.
Or I could have six hundred entries into a draw to win something unimpressive.

Oh, that reminds me. A week or two back I won one of the "exclusive Marc Jacobs bags" they've emblazoned across promotional packs lately. (Promotion ended last week). I'm going to be the envy of the town, aren't I!
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2013, 01:07:46 PM »
Yeah I got an email today saying Cokezone was closing and that I have zero points to spend.. like you said, its been shit for the past couple of years now, so its not suprising.

I went into Tesco the other day and walked out with 3 of these -> Tesco Simply Heat Pulled Pork - £3.00 each.  Had one last night for dinner and it was bloody nice.. smells and tastes of tender spare ribs.. you'd think its quite fattening - but even with the BBQ sauce its pretty low on calories and fat.

Offline Late

« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2013, 02:49:51 PM »
The shelves were bare when I got to my local Tesco Extra at lunchtime today - or rather they had thousands of 8-packs, 10-packs, and 12-packs, but the tiny space reserved for 24-packs was empty - so I've made my first ever online grocery shop.

I'll be getting 240 cans of diet coke delivered to the office tomorrow afternoon :D

Yeah, I appreciate that's a ridiculous amount, but:
a) three people in the office have asked to have one box each from me;
b) I get through the stuff alarmingly fast (and the wife and kids like a can a day); and
c) by bringing the order total up to £50 I was able to use a code for £10 off. (There's a £3.50 delivery charge, mind.)
Net result - I get 168 cans for slightly under 17p each. And that's a bloody good result ;)
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2013, 03:57:05 PM »
240.. fuckin hell mate, thats mental - dont try and make it sound normal! lol

Although I cant say much.. they have definitely had that offer on before (about 4 years ago)... I know because I went mad on it too, my fridge at the time 98 cans and 5 bottles -->

I dont know why I put them in the fridge though - I actually prefer coke at room level temperature.

Offline Late

« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2013, 04:27:54 PM »
I dont know why I put them in the fridge though - I actually prefer coke at room level temperature.
Urgh! You freak!
Can't stand room temperature coke.

I have my own fridge in the office. We have one in the kitchen, but I bought myself one for upstairs, purely for keeping my coke in. Not talking about a mini-fridge here, either. I used to have one of those, that you could just about squeeze six cans into, but it went tits up around November last year. Turned out it was actually cheaper to buy a normal fridge than a mini one, at that point!

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2013, 12:07:08 AM »
Urgh! You freak!
Can't stand room temperature coke.

Totally.

Don't drink much fizzy pop these days, but warm coke, might as well leave it to go flat too if you're going to have it at room temperature.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline styles

« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2013, 11:54:53 PM »
Jesus! You lot are freaks!
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2013, 09:29:43 PM »
Tesco are now doing those gorgeous Dr Oetker pizzas half price. Bought 4 this afternoon 8)

If you like your pizzas thin and crispy you won't find one thinner or crispier. They're bloomin lovely!!! ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2013, 10:43:06 PM »
The pesto and mozzarella ones are delicious, and it's rare I'd bother with a pizza with no meat on it. Had one for my tea tonight as it happens.