https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Premiership Thread  (Read 73859 times)

Offline jman

Re: The Premiership Thread
« Reply #750 on: November 20, 2021, 10:09:17 PM »
Ole should have been sacked last season, now there is no-one experienced available and you'll be relying on a caretaker for the rest of the season.. although to be fair, they can't do much worse..

I hope they keep him for another week at least  ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #751 on: November 21, 2021, 12:31:23 PM »
Sacked last season? He ended up in 2nd place just 12 points behind City and got United to consecutive Champions League places for the first time since Fergie retired. United had shown clear progress for the first time since 2013.

SOMETHING has changed in terms of coaching this season, particularly defensively. I'm personally blaming it on that set piece trainer that we got from you lot but it's Ollie's responsibility at the end of the day, the buck stops with him so he needs to go. ☹

Ollie does deserve some recognition for the positive things that he did though, he had the balls to get rid of a shitload of deadwood that previous managers had signed and/or were happy to have hanging around.

We went from a back four of Valencia, Smalling, Jones and Young to a back four of Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Maguire and Shaw.

And he brought some backbone back to the side. With Moyes, van Gaal and Maureen as soon as we went a goal down that was pretty much game over, whereas with Ollie we could go 2-0 down and us United fans could see a potential comeback on the way.

But once Ollie does go the same problem will still be there - the Glazers. ☹
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #752 on: November 22, 2021, 05:53:10 PM »
Clear progress? Mourinho won you trophies, Looney won you trophies.. Ole won you nothing.. no progress I'm afraid.

I would hardly call 74 points clear progress either, given that in previous seasons you probably averaged around 70ish anyway... don't forget, Ole has spent way more money than the other managers aswell.  I would hardly call the signings he made of James, Ighalo, Telles, Van De Beek great either - all complete shite in my book... and don't forget the mastery of selling prime aged Lukaku for less than you bought him for either.

Jury is out on the defense being much improved I'm afraid, all the players you've listed previously are all PL winners.. the ones you've listed now have won barely anything.

Offline harv

« Reply #753 on: November 22, 2021, 06:34:14 PM »
Like I've said two consecutive Champions League places, he managed 6th, 3rd and 2nd. He got us scoring again last season too.

No idea what happened to us this season though, like I said I suspect that set piece guy we got from you took over general defensive coaching but it's impossible to know for sure.

All sorts of rumours doing the rounds for the next manager. Zidane not interested, Blanc as an interim, Rodgers could be coming in and probably worst of the lot Poch coming from PSG 😲

I want Ten Hag myself.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #754 on: November 28, 2021, 09:40:32 PM »
1-1 draw this afternoon, missed the match cos I had a bad hypo and collapsed at home. 🤬😡🤬

Not a bad result but I won't comment on the match until I see the match on MUTV after midnight. 😁

Offline harv

« Reply #755 on: December 04, 2021, 05:54:20 PM »
Well we were robbed by that penalty, there was a foul on Bailly before the penalty incident. VAR should have given us a free kick rather than a pen for Chelsea! 😲

Oh well, a point away from home wasn't a disaster though I guess.

More points dropped by Chelsea earlier today, going to be interesting to see what the table is going to look like once the Christmas and New Year fixtures have come and gone, both in terms of who's top and who's in the top four.

First match for Rangnick tomorrow against Palace and a few easyish fixtures for him for the next few weeks too.

Going to be interesting to see what changes he's going to make, we'll certainly be passing the ball forwards a lot more and our pressing will certainly improve too I would have thought. Not expecting too many differences tomorrow though because he would have only taken one training session by then.

Offline harv

« Reply #756 on: December 05, 2021, 05:44:41 PM »
He ended up playing his favoured fast paced 4-2-2-2 with a high press, thought he might do that. 😎😁😎

Going to take a while for the players, particularly our forwards, to get used to this because playing like this means that you have less time to make decisions with your finishing.

Only one training session so far with this new system and it showed with Ronnie, Rashford, Sancho and Greenwood all making wrong decisions at times.

Still, good signs at this very early stage and once a few more weeks have passed you'll see that decision making improving and goals being scored.

The first half hour of the match United were all over Palace like a rash but they settled into the game more as United's bodies and brains tired. They didn't create as many chances as us and United won 1-0 with the goal coming from Fred and the assist from Greenwood.

Happy with what I've seen so far, the first clean sheet in ages and Rangnick got a well deserved win in his first match in charge.

We've got a decent chance of putting an unbeaten run together before our tougher matches start to come up in March, and by that time the players will be better drilled with Rangnick's style of football.

We'll be bound to pick up a few muscle injuries between now and then but we've got a big squad so should be able to cope.

Offline harv

« Reply #757 on: December 28, 2021, 06:34:10 AM »
Well that was a bit shite, drew 1-1 with the Geordies after going 1-0 down after 7 minutes. They've gone from looking like they had a decent idea of what they were doing against Palace to looking like they haven't got to grips with the new way of playing at all.

I guess the long break didn't help matters but honestly we should be beating a side like Newcastle away from home without a problem.

Our pressing went right downhill, our passing was even worse and we got hardly any of our shots on target.

I can see us getting a DM next month, maybe even another central defender. Maguire needs to be dropped, Rashford needs to be dropped.

Offline harv

« Reply #758 on: December 31, 2021, 09:24:35 PM »
Better last night with a 3-1 win against Burnley. Goals from McTominay, an own goal and Ronnie.

Rangnick continues his unbeaten run. 😎😁😎

Offline harv

« Reply #759 on: January 03, 2022, 11:12:55 PM »
Well that unbeaten run was ended tonight with a piss poor performance AGAIN.

Honestly you could be forgiven for thinking that Ollie was in charge again! 😲☹️😲

We need at least one, preferably two, central midfielders ASAP.

Offline harv

« Reply #760 on: January 16, 2022, 02:20:41 AM »
And now away to Villa we surrender a 0-2 lead and throw away 2 points.

Why the FUCK haven't we bought at least ONE midfielder yet?!!? Fucking Glazers, that's why!!!  >:( >:( >:(

Offline harv

« Reply #761 on: February 09, 2022, 02:51:35 AM »
Another 2 points dropped.

These are the easy games that we're supposed to WIN ffs. 🤬😡🤬

Can't see us getting top four at the end of the season the way that we're going.

These fan protests can't start soon enough. 🤬😡🤬😡🤬

Offline harv

« Reply #762 on: February 14, 2022, 12:11:04 AM »
And another draw. No idea what's happened to Maguire these last couple of years. Maybe something to do with the incident in Greece? He started off looking like a great signing when we first signed him but he's gone right downhill these last couple of years. :(

Offline harv

« Reply #763 on: March 11, 2022, 12:00:52 AM »
A bit of a delay but the UK government have finally got around to sanctioning Abramovic.

Season ticket holders can still get hold of tickets but Chelsea can no longer sell tickets, nor buy or sell players.

Wish they would sort out our owners too, as well as the owners of Newcastle but those are pipe dreams right now unfortunately.

Offline harv

« Reply #764 on: March 11, 2022, 12:03:29 AM »
They've also had a couple of sponsors cutting ties too, I suspect that more will follow.

Luckily Chelsea have a more than decent Yoof setup that haven't been given an opportunity to shine so it could be good news for some.