https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: What Music Are You Listening To Now..?  (Read 53475 times)

Offline harv

What Music Are You Listening To Now..?
« on: February 24, 2012, 09:48:08 PM »
I decided to take a trip down Memory Lane and download the songs that a Punk band I was in recorded 17 or 18 years ago. They're available to listen to here if you want to have a listen. We were bloody terrible lol. A few half-decent songs though including Where The Fields Are Green, Harvey's Song (lol), I Lay You To Rest and our finale, Take Me To Your Leader.

I wore a French Maid's outfit on stage (I was drunk when I agreed to it in front of witnesses) and the singer, Spark, changed into a wedding dress before we started playing I Lay You To Rest about halfway through the gig lololol.

First gig was on 20th May 1995 in front of 128 people and after that we averaged 70-80 until I quit the band because the other band members weren't too interested in doing gigs. We only did half a dozen as far as I remember.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:15:16 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline ancelotti

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Now..?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 06:59:34 PM »
Bit of the incredibly quaint Kate Bush. Really puts the pseudo-original mainstream artists these days to shame.

Offline harv

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 07:23:56 PM »
And she's a right hornbat too  ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 03:49:30 PM »
Dammit, we need a "general" general forum, not just this general forum. Our TV, films, music threads will get lost amongst the SL forum chatter about the game itself.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 04:09:03 PM »
Yup, agreed. Or that sort of stuff could be moved to the Football Competitions forum..? ???

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 08:02:32 PM »
Or that sort of stuff could be moved to the Football Competitions forum..? ???

Yup, ironic, isn't it.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 08:41:12 PM »
Off to see 3 Doors Down and Seether at Hammersmith on 15th March. Listening to a lot of their back catalogue at the moment.

Offline jman

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 09:53:47 PM »
3 doors down are great!

Offline harv

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 10:02:21 PM »
3 doors down..? How on earth do you know my neighbours..? Are you both stalking me..?!!?!? :o

armyholmes

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 11:43:02 PM »
Dixieland Delight- Alabama

ed_henderson

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 09:08:00 PM »
I decided to take a trip down Memory Lane and download the songs that a Punk band I was in recorded 17 or 18 years ago. They're available to listen to here if you want to have a listen. We were bloody terrible lol.
If we're posting bad old bands we were in... Here's my attempt at thrash metal, from 1989. No good, but loved every minute of it.  8)

Offline Momo

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 06:23:55 PM »
A wee treat for Harv if he's still on his Prog trip.................

Brother Of Mine.

Offline harv

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 07:15:16 PM »
Yup, I am. They had to change the name of the band too as far as I remember because the rest of the Yes members objected to the name 'Affirmative' lololol ;D

Hope that's not an urban myth because it's bloomin hilarious lol :P

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 05:54:09 PM »
Beautiful Day -- U2 :)

Offline harv

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 07:58:43 PM »
Lol :P